The hotel location is the best, near the waterfront, in the beginning of the pedestrian shopping street of the city, going straight to the center, a five minute walk. It is situated near the medieval church Chiesa degli Angioli with beautiful frescoes. The busy road that runs along the lake near the hotel did not disturbe us because it is not directly under the windows. Right under the windows – the small squire starting the pedestrian Nassa street.
Hotel International au Lac is absolutely recommend in terms of price / performance ratio for a stopover in Lugano. The hotel of the old school is the story of the early 20th century and even gets a UNESCO grant to retain its historic appearance and spirit.
Live interior looks much more beautiful than on the promotional photos, a lot of old paintings, sculptures, antiques some interesting little things that you want to look at and touch. There is a good old timed-time, pleasant, because for all that it does not look dilapidated or worn, as is often the case in older hotels.
Service is very friendly and attentive, the ladies at the front desk immediately provided with all possible tourist information - city maps, boat schedules, tips what to see, attractions booklets and explain every detail. We've even bought cable-car tickets to San-Salvador (a must to see in Lugano) on the reception without any exta - very convinient.
Room was old-fashioned, but very clean, comfortable and cozy, nice view of the lake from the balcony. The main impression of the hotel - do not laugh, extraordinary, just heavenly comfortable beds. Probably I did not sleep at best. I do not know what kind of sheets and mattresses, but the feeling is like sleeping in the arms of an angel (nobody told me how it is but I think it's very pleasant).I'll not hesitate to stay another time in this hotel to sleep ones more in that bed!
The hotel has convenient underground garage- not free - 20 francs a night, about 16 euros, but for Lugano it is inexpensive.
Breakfast is served in a beautiful room with a glass window in the ceiling. Coffee, well boiled, commissioned to bring all tastes: cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc. Breakfast is continental, but very good- delicious cheeses, fresh pastries, fruit salad and fruit, they serves natural scrambled eggs, some sausages, in-general, everything was normal.
The hotel is pets friendly , like many in Italy and Switzerland. The presence of outdoor pool is an additional plus to the hotel. Very nice clean cool pool on a quiet courtyard with a lovely old garden. Nobody was there when we went to swim . Statue of a girl with a pitcher pouring a trickle of water into the pool, flowers around, a dozen sunbeds for sunbathing if time and desire. Comfort and beauty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel