“Shady trees and cold beer” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 54 Attractions in Lugano
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Shady trees and cold beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Came across this lovely Lido on a very hot afternoon doing the 'Olive Grove Walk' from Gandria towards Castagnola, Lugano along the shoreline. My wife and son went for a cooling dip, whilst I sat under a shady tree and had a beer. I'm not a good swimmer and the lake is very deep; well that's my excuse. As I did not use the swimming facilities I was not charged entry. Fairly basic menu which was well priced, and several families were eating. A truly lovely spot.

Visited August 2012

Lugano, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
“San Domenico means clean water of the Lugano Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

What as2x wrote in Italian is a perfect description of the Lido di San Domenico. I used to go there every week-end during summer-time when the children were still small and I was living closer to that area. The only big problem is parking: impossible. You would have to take the public bus to Castagnola and walk for about 15 minutes.

Visited July 2011