We stayed in this hotel second time. First time was in 2010 and attached is a pic of the room from previous stay.
A perfect place combines everything you want for great skiing.
1.You can ski on your own or with a group. The slopes are perfect. In order not to go back to hotel in ski boots we rented a box for skis and boots right near ski lift. ( if you ski with a group there is a free bus, just that we do not like to stick to group's shedule).
2. Food- perfect. a great variety of dishes, and there were two seafood days, Thursday and Friday, delicious!
3. stuff- helpful and friendly
4. Try sledges ride!! All in all it gets about an hour to get to the point, but it is worth it!!! especially for children!
5.Rooms- normal, not big (compared to rooms, f.ex in another winter club med Piecy Wallandry) but then there is a bg difference in prices))
6. Swimming pool is good and working hours are from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and untill 17 it is always empty.
7. sauna is ok. nothing special
8. Evening performances- as usual in clubmed hotels....nothing special also.
9.!!!! if you come to dinner late you would have the problem of finding seats!!!
we tried to come at 19.30 , otherwise you would feel uncomfortable sliding through tables.....((
10. If you don t do alpin skiing you can do cross country skiing ( skis and boots are for rent in hotel), you can swim, there are massages, you can go skating! - 10 minutes walk from hotel- the working hours- 11-17.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Roi Soleil Hotel St. Moritz
- Club Med Roi Soleil Hotel
- Roi Soleil Club Med
- Club Med St. Moritz
- St. Moritz Club Med
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling at the foot of the snow-covered mountains, Saint-Moritz Roi Soleil stands at an altitude of 1750 metres, near the lake that lies alongside the town. Tucked away in this cosmopolitan and select resort, the Village effortlessly combines luxury and tradition, and offers you the unique spectacle of horse and greyhound racing, polo matches, or the famous cresta runs on the nearby frozen lake. After a day in the snow parents and children can meet up in the play area for a sledging session. ... more less