“Good priced hotel for St Mortiz” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Languard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Veglia 14, St. Moritz CH-7500, Switzerland   |
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in St. Moritz
Australia
“Good priced hotel for St Mortiz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at the charming Languard on our last night in Switzerland. I had booked a standard room on hotels.com. We were thrilled when we were advised that we had been given an upgrade to a superior room on the top floor with the most amazing view of the mountains and the lake. Our room was well appointed with wood trimmings, super clean, large enough for a king sized bed, lounge and a small round table with two chairs and with huge windows to make the most of the glorious view. The bathroom was a good size and also very clean. No noise as the area around the hotel is mainly foot traffic.

Wifi (which had good coverage) was included as was the breakfast which had a large variety of offerings and what we had was very tasty, the breakfast room had great views of the lake, town and mountains. The staff were fantastic, very professional and helpful. The price for the stay was very reasonable given you are in St Moritz and the amount that some other places charge is enough to curl your hair!!!!

I would advise to catch the bus number 3 from the train station up to the hotel as it is a very steep hill to go up. Easy enough to walk back down, especially if you use the escalators. The location of the hotel is great, close to the wonderful high end shops, restaurants and a well stocked Coop store.

Would definitely recommend the Languard and we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

They blocked the amount of the stay on the card before we arrived, then upon check-out we asked them to make sure they do not double charge us. They confirmed and said the blocked amount would be release the same day. Two weeks after, they once charged our credit card with the amount we needed to pay and still kept blocked the initial amount.
When I called them to ask for an explanation, they said this is normal, it should be released within 14 days. Not true, had they done what they promised to do upon check-out.
So make sure your card is topped up, could prove a very expensive trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
divers places
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Dear Traveller

(I write in English so that everyone understands..., but I am from Zurich and german speaking...)

I stayed at Hotel Languard this summer. The parking space in front of the hotel is very limited and three cars are standing behind each other in rows. The hotel itself is moving cars around in order to enter or exit. They damaged my car, however told me they did so, offered me a nice "Engadiner Nusstorte" and assured (verbally and by mail) they are going to pay for the bill. I am now having my lawyer involved in order to collect the money as they did not answer on any message from me I sent over the last three months.
Besides that, hotel is at a very nice location, but the rooms are old style and overprized... Breakfast buffet is so so... You could some more money and get a better hotel in St. Moritz.
This are my "five cents" about Hotel Languard.

Room Tip: Have a room on a higher floor if you want to see the mountains and the lake of St. Moritz.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
FAIRHOPE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights following a beautiful trip from Zermatt on the Glacier Express. The hotel rooms, staff and views can't be beat. A BIG plus is getting the Engadin Travel Pass if you book for two nights, ask about this pass as it's invaluable for visiting the surrounding towns and mountains. We loved our room and it's close to town center - all good things. There is only one negative - it's a long walk up the hill to the Languard if you don't want to use a taxi and you arrive at the train station. Here are some tips if you want to walk. You want to go through the parking garage to your left (past the buses) when you arrive (just follow the crowd and the walkway painted on the street). After you enter the garage continue straight until you reach some glass doors, go through and use the escalators to the top. Cross the street and look for an elevator at street level just a short distance after you exit the parking garage. This elevator will take you up another couple of floors and you'll be on the final stretch to the hotel. Follow the road until it starts to turn back to your right. The Languard is behind the Eden which you'll see as the road turns, there's a shortcut just past the Eden. It's worth the walk! Try the Hauser House restaurant, it's a great place to eat and affordable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Languard was very enjoyable – Franca and the rest of the staff are warm and friendly and speak English. We had a superior double, the room accommodations were very good, and the views of the mountains were spectacular! In room WiFi worked very well. Breakfast was very good and consisted of cereals, breads, cheese & meats, hard boiled eggs and beverages. They do not serve lunch or dinner. FREE PARKING onsite, right near the entrance. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Bernina Express train station that takes you on a scenic journey all the way to Tirano Italy. Several restaurants are within a 5 minute walk. I would HIGHLY recommend Hotel Languard to others when staying in St. Moritz.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel three times and each time we were so pleased with the accommodations and the friendliness of the staff. The rooms are just beautiful with wood trimmings and gorgeous views. The breakfast room is stunning as it overlooks the lake and mountains. The breakfast buffet is quite diverse and filling. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013
Thun, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I made a hotel reservation for the hotel Languard through booking.com. I got a special smart deal price for 35.-- Swiss francs for a double room. A day later the hotel director called me to inform me that they put a false rate in the computer and he wanted to renegotiate the price. After all I contacted booking.com. They wrote back to me and started lowering the rate. At the end I gave up and cancelled the reservation. Unfortunately, I am very disappointed with the way they handled the whole case. I really cannot recommend this hotel. Now I start to realize why the Swiss hotels are not doing well. As a Swiss you should avoid St. Moritz. Shame on St. Moritz and the hotel Languard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Languard? Share your experiences!