“Amazing Views” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Wengen
FL
“Amazing Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the end of September, 2013. The staff was amazing and provided excellent customer service. They were able to put me in a room with a balcony and the views were spectacular. I was blessed with excellent weather during my stay, which made the balcony all the more enjoyable. The hotel was basic in it's decor and very clean. I only ate at the restaurant once because I was traveling around the area so much, so I cannot rate that for you. The breakfast every morning was again the basic items but the coffee was outstanding. It was even more enjoyable in my room on the balcony overlooking Jungfrau. I could wake up like that every morning. This is a true gem considering that most hotels in the area cost a King's ransom without these views. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for an affordable, comfortable, clean, and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a homely stay in this hotel. The staff are a closely knitted team that provide guests with a very comfortable and pleasant stay.

The view of my room was great and had a balcony facing jungfraujoch. On the clear days, the view is exceptional.

Bedroom was tidy and comfy. They also had facilities like sauna and hot wooden tub bath. There is a common movie room and library.

It is just a 5 min downhill walk to the hotel and 10 min uphill walk back to Wengen station.

I'm sure anyone would enjoy their stay here.

Oh! do try out their 4 course dinner which comes at a affordable price versus other restaurants in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

A family holiday was made possible and wonderful by the lovely Hotel Edelweiss in Wengen who cared for all 50 of us so kindly for a week in August 2013. From the bargain breakfasts, to the delicious dinners every night the team made every meal time a great experience. They coped admirably with a fussy children's table, producing similar meals that were acceptable to both children and their parents!
No, the rooms are not massive or filled with luxurious options except the most wonderful of luxury of all, incomparable views of the mountains from balconies overlooking the Lauterbrunnen valley.
But best of all is the care and fabulous hosting of Daniel and Suzanne. Kind and patient they offer a hotel to call home while you explore this fantastic area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were very pleased with the Edelweiss. The included breakfast was delicious and a huge money saver. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the balcony view was incredible. The only complaint we had was that we felt pressured to eat the dinner made at the hotel each night. I'm a vegetarian and the menu never was suitable for me so we chose other places. They seemed unusually disappointed that we chose to eat elsewhere. Otherwise, the stay was just great. We also met the new owner who was incredibly kind. The price was right as well. I definitely recommend this to visitors.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great experience at this Chalet: great hospitality, perfect decor and furnishings to match a Swiss experience, and layout is great in that it encourages interacting with other guests and staff if you choose to.

Would definitely come back here again!

Room Tip: The pictures here of the interior are accurate to the room we stayed in. Has a lot of great characte...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful Stay , Great Hospitality
Rooms are a bit small but very clean and welcoming. Balconies have great views. Lounge area is very welcoming. My wife and I spent quite a few hours in the evening there.
The owners are very warm and the breakfast is great too.
About 5 minutes from the engenders station. From Interlaken OST take the train to Lauterbrunnen and from there you get a train to Wengen. Total trip is 30 minutes.
I would definitely stay here again.
If you are a vegetarian, there are no Indian restaurants in Wengen or Lauterbrunnen. So while you are in Interlaken make sure you have your fill from the bunch of Indian restaurants there.

• Stayed October 2013
MUMBAI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

First things First - Wengen is Beautiful, The climate, the car-free surroundings, the views all amazing...

Now onto Edelweiss....As some previous reviewer put, there are better hotels in Wengen...I am sure there are...but when you consider the cost-better comparison...the gap is very small...

I had initially booked Alpenrose based on its nice reviews and it just looked nicer...even by the website...alpenrose looked better than edelweiss...but when I checked the price of Edelweiss...I decided to cancel my Alpenrose booking and booked at Edelweiss...it saved me more than 450 Francs for 4 nights...

Onto my stay...I stayed for 4 nights in late September...In all my email communication Daniel was very warm and nice..and he was the same in person....very warm, cheery, helpful...

We came in after a long trip from Venice on the first day and reached at 4 pm...he straightaway gave me the keys ...yep..no passport check etc....

The room : The room is nice.., basic decoration...wooden theme all around...Bathroom is very tiny...but that is to be expected in Europe I guess... The only thing I was disappointed with the room is the balcony...while the views were fantastic...it is shared with 2 other rooms...with a small partition ...but you can walk around...with that comes the problem for non-smokers with they are sharing the balcony with smokers...not a problem for me though...its clearly written somewhere that smoking is not allowed in the rooms but allowed in the balcony...

the breakfast rooms, reading room etc are all nice..there is even a sauna...but we never used it...

The breakfast : I didn't like it..we are vegetarians...and the only options we had were milk, coffee, bread, cheese , cereals and some dry fruits.. this is okay for 1 day..but this never changed in the 4 days we were there...not even a single thing...the bread sometimes was so hard i had to leave it as it is..and I felt the same way about the breakfast lady like some previous reviewer...she was cold...she smiled but it was a forced one...

so maybe if you have meats and stuff...then maybe you might like the breakfast..

never had dinner there...so no comments on that..

Daniel was helpful throught the stay...and would point us to walks, hikes which are interesting to do....loads of brochures too around...

All in all...I was satisfied...except the balcony bit and the breakfast all was okay...and considering that I saved 450 Francs not staying in another "top" hotel ...I think Edelweiss is an excellent place to base your stay in Wengen....

Room Tip: Take the room with a balcony...fantastic views....but balcony shared with other rooms..when they are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Edelweiss? Share your experiences!