“A true joy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Murren
Kirkland, Washington
“A true joy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Eiger for four nights from August 31 to September 4 for our first wedding anniversary. Simply, this hotel and the staff met every one of our expectations. I can't say enough about the staff, and how friendly and helpful they were. Corinne helped us schedule a paragliding experience, and we enjoyed talking with Michael through our dining experiences. Another staff member arranged to go breakfasts when we told her we'd be leaving very early in the morning to head back home. Our room was a beautiful suite with gorgeous views of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau mountains...while a "splurge" for us, I felt it was worth every penny to have such a wonderful experience. We would absolutely stay here again :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights in August 2013. Murren is a fabulous village to visit and this hotel made the stay all the nicer. The location is great- right across from the train station. The very friendly owner welcomed us upon arriving and every morning and evening after that. Staff were helpful and pleasant. We stayed in two adjoining rooms which worked out well for us and our kids ages 8 and 10. The breakfast each morning offered a huge selection and was a great way to begin a day of hiking and exploring. Our kids loved the pool (a rarity when traveling in Europe) and we loved the on-site restaurant. Altogether a wonderful place to stay in a beautiful area of Switzerland.

Baselga di Pine, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything is perfect. Even dogs are welcome. We also have been there once with two dogs without any problems. Taking a Fondue in the Stuebli is highly recommended. Staff is very nice. It is hard to leave such a nice place, but always good to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August 2013 for 4 nights and found everything we had read about this hotel to be true!! Staying here made our trip to Murren that much better. Adrian was there to help us with anything we needed from recommending things to do, places to visit, when to go, how to get there .. he saved us a lot of time and effort that we would have had to spend in researching things on our own. The icing on the cake was on the last morning when we were scheduled to leave much earlier than the hotel's breakfast time and Adrian had arranged for breakfast boxes to be ready for all of us with more goodies than we could finish. The entire hotel staff was unbelieveably courteous and we have returned with nothing but the fondest of memories. Would not hesitate to go back to this hotel if we visit that region again!!

Puchong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We, a family of 10 stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel staff gave me a very good discount for the mountain view. During the first night we missed the last train and when I called the hotel staff they were very helpful to redirect me thru another route by catching the bus and cable car. They also standby a buggy to help us carry our baggage. The hotel staff was very friendly. Breakfast was great, they even have champagne for us to taste.
I was unfortunate that l left the mask which I bought from Italy during the train journey from Munich to Murren. Adrian was very helpful and helped me to lodge a report to the SBB Train with followup emails on the status of the report. Even though I did not manage to find my lost item, Adrian and co has been very helpful in assisting me in every way.
If I were to go to Switzerland in future, I will definitely stay at Hotel Eiger again :)

Room Tip: Rooms with the snow alps view
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here four nights in 2008 (this website won't let me say that) and am planning to return next fall. Murren is a great treat, Heidi's Switzerland. And this hotel - not over the top fancy but with great attention to creature comforts, service and detail - was a perfect choice. I appreciate that once a year or so they send me a snail=mail letter with special offers. Yes, it took awhile, but I will be a repeat customer. Hiking from this village is fantastic. I had a breakfast and dinner plan before but don't see that offered now....I visited in October and weather was fantastic.

Room Tip: You'll pay more for a room with an Eiger view...up to you if it's worth it. Cheapest rooms a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We loved this hotel. We stayed 3 nights in the superior suite to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. When we arrived we were welcomed with a bottle of champagne. It is well worth the extra $$$.The suite has a fabulous view. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and looking out into the valley and mountains. I loved the beautiful bathroom and big bath tub.
The owners Susanna and Adrian were always available to answer all our questions. They helped us arrange paragliding. They service a beautiful and healthy breakfast buffet. On Thursday nights they have a welcome cocktail party where you can meet other guests. I highly recommend this excellent hotel. You will not be disappointed. A five star experience.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hotel Eiger? Share your experiences!