“Great stay overall at the River House in Hotel Bellevue!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Bellevue
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marktgasse 59, Interlaken 3800, Switzerland   |
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Interlaken
New Delhi, India
“Great stay overall at the River House in Hotel Bellevue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I stayed with my Wife and kid, and my parents at the River House in this hotel. I cannot comment on the regular rooms, since the river house is a nice cottage in the hotel lawns.
It has 2 bedrooms with baths, a living area, full kitchen, terrace, fireplace, bar-b-que grill.. its just the perfect place to stay for a big family, or 2 couples with small kids. The location is nice....next to the river stream, but of course nothing like a Hoheweg location..
its still peaceful and nice. you have a full lawn to yourself, right on the river! There's a grill provided for those nice bar-b-ques with friends and family. The interiors are modern, the kitchen was very well stocked with glasses, utensils and the works.. we didnt have to ask for anything from the hotel staff. There is a daily room cleaning serivce included as well. All in all .. great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

This one is at the bank of the river and gives a lovely view from the room. The service is warm and professional. Breakfast and food was good. There's a tram station nearby and many shops.

Great place to relax amidst the nature. very Swiss.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I loved this hotel. From the moment we arrived I knew I'd made the right choice - Sebastian the receptionist really put his all into our introduction and made us feel very welcome.

The Bellevue's in the perfect location with great views if you ask for them. The breakfast was lovely. The rooms are not super-plush but that's why the prices are good value.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

The hotel is close to the west train station. 5 minute walk. The room was very clean. We stayed in the larger room which was a plus for us. The room also had a nice view of the Jungfrau. The staff was always helpful and pleasent.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
South Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We booked into this hotel for one night and stayed two - so charmed were we! Yes, it is at the side of the railway but we certainly were not disturbed by the trains (although it wasn't too hot at night so we were able to close the windows) and we had a wonderful view of the river and the mountains from our room balcony. Having travelled by car the parking was a bonus but there was a nominal charge, and the breakfast was as good as any other hotel we stayed in during our touring holiday (and much better than we've had in some of the best hotels in London!). The dining room/restaurant is beautifully furnished and the staff were constantly checking the dishes on the buffet to make sure that they were well stocked. Nothing was too much trouble!

The hotel itself is charming and I used the stairs just so that I could look at all the wonderful furniture and artefacts on each landing. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Nice white sheets and fluffy white towels always get a thumbs up from me. We were amused by the supply of earplugs to dull the noise from the creaking floorboards, but to us they just added to the charm of the building.

The staff were extremely helpful and gave us lots of information about the area and offered us discount tickets for local transport, and storing my son's bicycle for the duration of our stay was no problem at all. The terrace area overlooking the river was the perfect place for a nightcap at the end of a long day exploring the area and climbing mountains!

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I sometimes wonder what people want from a hotel when I read some of the reviews. Give it a chance, you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Bottom line: Loud trains, rude staff. Mediocre breakfast, convenient location to train station.
Hotel is located right next to the train tracks and the Interlaken West station. The trains are loud and frequent. If this doesn't bother you, no big deal. Location is decent as far as Interlaken goes, but if you are going to make a trip there, I suggest looking at more reasonable, and scenic spots such as Murren, which has quite a number of rooms. I wish I knew this before I booked my trip.

Also, the staff at the Bellevue was seemingly helpful, but turned out to be anything but. When I checked in, the hotel offered to book an excursion with a partner adventure company (note: there is A LOT to do around Interlaken, such as rafting, skydiving, bungee jumping, paragliding).

While I was at the hotel, they did provide a lot of information on these activities, which was helpful. They gave me times, prices, etc. I was not sure that I wanted to book an activity, so I waited. I called up the hotel later and asked if they could make the reservation for a bungee jump, as they offered. They agreed. I called back a few minutes later to make sure it was confirmed. They had not made the reservation. They gave me the run-around, asked if I could come back to the hotel and do it in person, etc. I explained that I am very far from the hotel, and I am already in the pick-up spot for the adventure company, so please just verify that they will come pick us up. The hotel receptionist actually got angry at me and told me to call the company myself. I explained that I had not been able to get through either because of my international cell phone, or had the wrong number, etc. The receptionist said "well I can't help you anymore" and hung up. I was SHOCKED.

I don't expect any hotel to bend over backwards for me, but simply asking to make a local phone call on my behalf did not seem to be such a grand request. Especially since the hotel specifically offered this type of help. In the end, I was able to get through to the company on my own, and booked the activity.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Loved the view from the balcony of our room! Ample breakfast, and free wireless internet, a rarity in Switzerland. A short walk from Interlaken West train station.

Great friendly staff who made us aware of discounts for our excursions, saving us a substantial amount of money, and helped us maximize our time! Sebastian was wonderful!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!