“Interlaken B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lotschberg & Susi's B&B

You added Hotel Lotschberg & Susi's B&B to your Saves list
Hotel Lotschberg & Susi's B&B
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   General Guisanstrasse 31, Interlaken 3800, Switzerland   |
Ranked #12 of 39 Interlaken B&B and Inns
Manitoba
“Interlaken B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at Susi's B&B in Interlaken Switzerland. I highly recommend this to any traveller going to this region. Their location was close to the train station and ideal for everything we wanted to do. They allowed us to use bicycles (with a deposit you get back when you return the bikes). Breakfast was included and was delicious. The staff were so helpful and we loved everything about this B&B and the town of Interlaken.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Harwich, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Traveling on a Swiss Pass, we chose hotels located near rail stations. We had stayed at the Hotel Lotschberg once before about 20 years ago, decided to try it again. It is a very clean, family-run, hotel located a few minutes walk in a quiet area from the Interlaken West rail station.
The beds are a bit hard (many Swiss beds seem to be that way) and the "comforters" very warm, bathrooms small, room nice size with 3 lovely windows. A free washer/dryer is available. Breakfast is in a nice large room and has a good choice of the usual European breakfast items. Staff is friendly, efficient, and very helpful.

Room Tip: if you are of a more mature age, I would suggest a superior room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel, but promised myself never come back. Hotel location is quite OK which is only a 3 mins walk from Interlaken West train station. Neighbourhood isquiet and safe, just like other Swiss town. Hotel building and decoration is old but very acceptable. Breakfast is very Swiss style but they have the best croissant in the world. However, they hesitated to provide more when I saw nothing less in the basket. It seems like I am not welcome. I asked the Italian lady to give me some croissant, she left oddly and returned with 1 croissant on her hand. Come on, if the basket is empty she should fill it up or tell me out of stock. OK, might be I look not an European ( I am not ) so she discriminate me! Honestly, during my monthly trip to EU, I have similar experience and it is really disgusting. I am coming from HK but so what? I eat, play and buy as a local. Anyway, let us continue with the hotel. When I get into my bedroom, I found 2 pcs of long hair under the pillow. Very poor hygiene. I did not complaint as it usually not help in this type of management. Well, if someone has a chance to visit Interlake, do not choose this lousy hotel even there are no more room in the city.

• Stayed August 2013
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My dad and I were on his bucket list trip to Switzerland. We spent 4 nights at Susi's B&B, it was perfect! Very clean and comfortable room. The staff was excellent and very helpful, we especially enjoyed the breakfast room. We would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you are just staying for one night and don't have claustrophobia, you could possibly fit yourself into this ancient chalet's very tiny rooms with very small windows and no ac. Maybe we were unlucky to get a room with a sloping roof and tinier windows than any pics show. Overall don't expect what you see in the hotel's professional pics. Staff was very nice, wanted to offer a different room but none were available. Everyone went to sleep by 10pm and then you are on your own. It is very close to Interlaken West Station, but you have to go to Interlaken OST to take any connecting trains.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

When you want to cover a lot during a short stay, you need the convenience of a hotel close to the station. This was barley 2 blocks from the station, a convenient short walk. Though the rooms were small and the bathroom even smaller, the place was neat and quiet. Included was a fairly good breakfast. There was even a common room with a microwave, where you could warm up some food if necessary. The price seemed high for a small establishment, but I guess the convenience made up for the expense.

Room Tip: I would ask for room on the lower floor if stairs are a problem in the Annex
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

How lovely having a quiet place to stay in a busy tourist city. And the free washer/ dryer was a real bonus (ironing board too). My travel plans changed and they were happy to modify my reservation. I checked in a day later than I'd planned and there was no charge (I booked directly). In the breakfast room you can see a webcam of nearby mountain towns which will help you plan your day (when I was there is was cold and raining in the mountain towns and too cloudy see views). I do agree with Rich Steves, however, that you may not want to spend much time in this overly touristy town of shops.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Lotschberg & Susi's B&B? Share your experiences!