My husband and I stayed in Hotel Oberland as part of a tour package. Of all the hotels we've stayed in during the tour, I would say that this is the best one.
The hotel had a very modern-looking interior. I especially loved their lounge - they had large sofas and a nice fireplace.
We stayed in the guesthouse (guestroom?) building, which is just a stone's throw across the main hotel building. I am not aware of the differences between the rooms in the main building and the guesthouse, so my review might not be applicable to the main rooms.
- Bed is actually 2 single beds put side-by-side to pass off as a double bed. But note that this is a common practice in hotels around Europe.
- Television, study table.
- Full length mirror, closet.
- Good room size, quite spacious for me and my husband and our luggage, with much room to spare.
- There's a television in the room, but we didn't really use it as we were out the whole time.
- Shower over a regular-sized tub. However, the way the shower head was positioned was quite odd, as it wasn't located on the far end of the tub. You'll need to determine the optimal angle to set the showerhead and not spray water all over the floor when you turn it on.
- Hot water didn't take forever to heat up.
- Toiletries are provided: body wash and shampoo in a dispenser.
- Hair dryer.
- Towels and bath mat are provided.
- There is no drain outside the tub, so flooding can occur if you don't set the showerhead angle correctly. They charge a fee of 80 CHF (about US$100) if the area gets flooded.
- Small souvenir shop on the ground floor right beside the reception. They're open in the morning and the evening. This is because during the day, most of the guests are out doing activities and only come back by around 17:00.
- Wifi: there are 2 computers beside the smoking area, but I wasn't sure it was free. If you need to use the internet using your own device, you will have to buy access vouchers. You can buy them via your browser, it accepts major credit cards. I forgot how much the internet costs, but I can tell you that it is expensive (but fast)! It is Switzerland, after all.
- There is a vendo machine on the ground floor that has food in case you need a snack.
- Breakfast format is buffet, which was included in our accommodation. The food is actually good, and they serve white rice!
- The hotel is in a very good location, there are a number of restaurants around the area, and lots of shops (watch shops, pharmacy, chocolate shops, souvenir shops).
- Our itinerary for this visit was mostly for activities far from the hotel - going to Interlaken for skiing, and visiting Jungfraujoch. But for the most part, transportation was provided.
I would say that the service is quite good, the receptionist and staff are really helpful and polite.
Overall, this a good hotel to stay in, my husband and I have no complaints. However, this seems to be the hotel of choice by tour groups, so if you are late for your breakfast call, expect to be in a long queue and it gets really crowded in the buffet area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the City Hotel Oberland! The Hotel is very centrally located in the heart of Interlaken, only a few minutes walking distance from the Interlaken West railway station and close to the best knwon sights. 191 rooms with a high level of comfort, different conference rooms, shops and boutiques, 3 restaurants and 2 bars cater for just about all wishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your City Swiss Q Hotel Oberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Swiss q Interlaken
- City Swiss q Resort Oberland