“The best meal I had since the start of my tour of Switzerland” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“The best meal I had since the start of my tour of Switzerland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I am on a packaged tour and so after days of western cuisine I was really craving for a taste of authentic Asian food. This quaint eatery really hit the spot. Having read the reviews on Tripadvisor, I took a 10 minute walk from my hotel to this interesting eatery. It's really small with a seating for maybe 12 in all on the inside. I recommend a reservation if you intend to visit with a group larger than a party of 2. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the chef and owner are all Thai. Being Asian we have high expectations of Thai food but the food here is indeed delicious. We ordered 4 spring rolls, 1 portion of deep fried pork for starters, then we had individual portions for mains. We ordered Tom Yum Prawn Soup, 2 types of fried noodles, 1 bowl of beef noodle soup, 1 green curry with rice. The portions are generous and very filling. The bill came up to a reasonable 137 swiss francs with no alcoholic drinks. As we were leAving we saw a family enjoying mussels done two ways and were told this is a chef special that is off the menu. Be sure to ask because sadly we didn't. Will definitely come again if I come back to interlaken!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Best Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were recomended this place by a local. We eat thai food a lot and this has to be up there with the best we have ever had. We sat in the cute hobbit seats by the bar it was lovely cute and a lovely atmosphere. A definite for anyone after good tasty food! Portions are very genrous too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great authentic Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great authentic Thai food
Little place off the main tourist drag in Interlaken which makes it even better. I first heard about the place through TA. I found it when me and my friends rented mountain bikes at Daniel's Rentals which share the same place with the restaurant.

My buddies had the Pad Thai and had something more exotic noodle, fresh veggies and shrimps. The food was excellent as was the service but here is a tip, if the menue features the 3 chilies symbol you better believe it is going to be spicy. Stay away if you cannot take the heat.
Overall great place

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“The reviews let us down!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went to Little Thai because of the rave reviews here on trip advisor and were sadly disappointed.

The restaurant itself is very forgettable. Friendly service was is saving grace.

CHF 48.00 for two dishes and 3 spring rolls.

We had Pad Thai and Chicken with Cahsews. The Pad Thai was spicy and the noodles were hard while the Chicken with Cashews was fried chicken, hard and tasteless.

Sadly are now suffering indigestion. Our local Thai Restaurant back in Australia is 10x better and the food in Thailand is beyond comparison.

Perhaps it was an off day.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
dinu69, Manager at Little Thai, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
We are very Sorry that your dissapointed with our Delicous Authentic Thaifood,
although, you didn't say anything is wrong with the meal in the first place.
The prizes are the same like in Australia.
At this evening our Thai Chefs were cooking Pad Thai and Cashew and all our Customers ( also Thai People) were very statisfied with the meals.
Sydney, Australia
“Best Thai food I have eaten-& I have been to Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Best meal in Interlaken. Super tiny, super efficent & friendly service. I loved the chicken cashew dish with extra vegetables. My friends loved the curries. We went here heaps while staying in Interlaken

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere