“great everything” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Los Angeles, California, United States
“great everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Delicious Mexican food, great drinks, and a charming atmosphere. My girl friend and I stopped here for dinner and had a lovely time. Our waiter eddy as a great guy and offered interesting conversation and tasty drinks. Also the live music made the place feel like a little slice of Mexico half way around the world.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

UK Expat living in Switzerland
“Lived up to recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A friend suggested this restaurant and we had a great evening there. The atmosphere was very lively, and the service very good. The food was nice, but not extraordinary - but wow - the marghuerita's are amazing!

Visited March 2013
Interlaken, Switzerland
“Mexican in Interlaken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It's the first and only mexican restaurant in Interlaken and one of the first in Switzerland. The owner ist Mexican, the kitchen is authentic, sometimes the owner is the cook. Live music often comes with food and drinks - it can become loud, the restaurant is quite small, but there's a nice terrasse to the street without traffic.

• Visited December 2012
Eastern CT
“I hope I wasn't obnoxious.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

First of all, we made this place a destination based on other TripAdvisor reviews. My husband and I are musicians and have a professional act back in the USA, so the live music was also an attraction here for us. The place has a good Mexican feel to it. We sat at the bar and ordered food and margaritas. The 'ritas were rimmed with a salt/chili/lime concoction which we had never seen done anywhere else, and we do like our Mexican food. So, points for the creativity! Our food was very good; I got the stewed pork and my husband got mole. Both dishes were very good. I believe the reviewer who said "Best Mexican in all of Europe!" may have been correct! There was no live music going on at the time, so after a second 'rita (OK, we had been out for beers just prior to coming here, too....) I picked up the guitar in the corner and my husband and I did a song. It seemed like a good idea at the time. People clapped for us! Heehee! So we did a couple more!! But then I noticed a guy who may have been being paid to entertain came in and was looking nervous so I let him get on with his thing. I jammed with him on one song, though. I hope I wasn't obnoxious....!!!!! But hey, we had a very fun night, and I can also say that the food and the 'ritas were great, so if you are in Interlaken, and have had your fill of fondue, rosti, and raclette, you might want to come here for a very different experience during your stay in Switzerland.

• Visited January 2013
Vicenza, Italy
“Nice location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were craving Mexican food so we were thrilled to find this place. My husband, a Mexican-American was really looking forward to it. We arrived on a Saturday night and we were lucky to get in without a reservation. The food was good, though I found out the hard way that "Totopitos a la gringa" is just a plate of nachos. They had a guitarist there and overall it was very nice. My husband says his mole was wonderful. The prices were very high though.

• Visited November 2012