The experience with the Sunstar hotel started even before we left England. We made a late change to our itinery and booked the Sunstar, the emails from the hotel were so helpful that we had a really good feeling about our holiday. When we arrived, which was late evening they could not do enough for us. The bags miraculously appeared in our room and a member of the front desk staff gave us a most informative résumé and tour.
We awoke the first morning to a stunning view of the Eiger, this was followed by breakfast again facing this magnificent site. Other reviewers have mentioned how good the buffet breakfast is, so I shall not repeat this.
During our stay we used the gym and swimming pool, both were very good, excellent equipment and cleanliness plus a very helpful attendant.
The weather for our stay was variable, from baking sun to heavy rain. Like most Swiss hotels it does not have air conditioning, so if it is hot try to get a draught of air through the room.
The only fault we had was that our room was at the end of a corridor and the wifi was not available, so we had to use the Internet in the lobby, this also fluctuated in quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar