“The best place I have ever stayed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silvi's Dream Catcher Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grindelwald
Silvi's Dream Catcher Inn
You added Silvi's Dream Catcher Inn to your Saves list
Enziboden | Lempengasse 2, Grindelwald 3818, Switzerland   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Grindelwald B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“The best place I have ever stayed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

It's not possible to sum up in words how special Silvi's is! The service, the room (Sonnengruss), the breakfast, the view, the hot tub - everything was just so perfect! Clean, comfortable, stylish, beautiful, utterly faultless.
The view from the hot tub and decked area is outstanding, my girlfriend and I agreed that it was better than from in the town of Grindelwald - you are looking directly at the Eiger and the neighbouring mountains. The walk into town was about 20 minutes, and was enjoyable and of course very scenic. There is also a bus.
Lots of wonderful finishing touches around the place, for example some pistachio nuts and Swiss cakes in the room with bottled water.
Extremely highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in Sonnengruss. It was a gorgeous room with jacuzzi bath in the large bedroom as well as a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the end of April in the true shoulder season and can only imagine what this would be like in winter or summer. The setting was ideal---view of Eiger and the slopes of the sister mountains. Silvi and Horst have extensive knowledge of the surrounding area and can provide infinite details about what to do and when to do it .Breakfast was an experience in itself with fresh and ample and different provisions. The view and the conversation in the main breakfast room was supurb. The pictures and descriptions on the website were accurate and the amenities were deserving of the price, even in very expensive Switzerland. Be sure to try Horst's wine and get Silvi to help in your plans.
It would be easy to rave for paragraphs but in short, this is what a b and b should be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Having seen previous photos of Silvi's Dream Catcher Inn from my friend who stayed here in Nov 12, I had my mind set on coming if I ever had a chance to visit Switzerland. It was the best decision of my Europe trip this year because it was simply the best accommodation my fiance and I stayed in for the whole of our trip (we visited Holland, Switzerland and Austria)... or I may say, the best of all the hotels and B&Bs we have ever been to! It is located in the most amazing place ever, at the foot of the towering peaks of the Alps and you can't help exclaiming in awe every time you look up at the mountains. Every camera angle is picture perfect and we were so lucky to have clear weather during the 2 days we were here (this meant clear blue skies, warm sunshine and perfect view of the mountains)! We can't help but feel sad that we could only stay for 2 nights.

Silvi picked us up from the train station and drove us to the B&B, and we were promptly given our visitor cards that allowed us to take the buses for free to the Grindelwald village centre. The buses run at 1 hour intervals, and the bus stop is a short 2 walk min from Silvi's near a small family provision ship that sold all the necessities you need. The last bus back is at around 7pm, so be sure to return early if you want to catch the bus. Otherwise, you can always take a leisurely 20 min stroll (though the slopes might leave you a little breathless when you walk back) like we did so on the 1st night and 2nd morning. The walk downhill is pretty easy and you get to see all the quaint little decorations of the other houses in the vicinity. It's really quiet at night but it's very safe there... Silvi leaves her main door unlocked at all times; that just tells you how safe the village is.

Our room was just fabulous... easily the best room I have ever stayed in. It was spotlessly clean, well-maintained, HUGE and came with an in-room jacuzzi and separate toilet/ shower area. It was decorated so tastefully yet so cozily that we felt like even some 5 stars hotels couldn't beat this. The bed was super comfortable, the heaters were such a blessing in the cold weather, and the shower had good water pressure and temperature. We drink water straight from the tap.. pure unfiltered water from the Alps. Back to the jacuzzi.. we made full use of it during the 2 nights, and the candles and bath soap provided made for such a romantic mood. My fiance enjoyed his soccer match from the comfort of the jacuzzi, by virtue of the swivel flat-screen TV.

Breakfast was such a delight that we looked forward to each morning as Silvi prepared a wonderful spread for us, even though we were the only guests during that period. This also meant we had undivided attention from Silvi as she shared things about her family and how she came to set up the B&B. The homemade jams were absolutely yummy and Silvi shared with us that everything on the table (the bread, cold meats, fruits) was local produce from the village. She also made us rosti with eggs and Swiss porridge on the 2nd morning, which I really had to commend Silvi for because it was sooo delicious and unlike any other rosti I've had in my own country or even in the restaurants in Switzerland. Silvi's grandsons were also a joy to have around as it added a very lively and homely atmosphere to the place as you see Silvi and Sandra (we only got to see her on the morning we left though) interact with them. We were also allowed free access to the outdoor terrace, where we had a simple meal on the 2nd night, with the breathtaking evening view of the mountains as the sun sets. We can't help but feel so surreal about this place. Silvi informed us that we could use the sauna and outdoor jacuzzi too, but we were really quite contented with our in-room jacuzzi already.

We would gladly recommend Silvi's to everyone who wants to come to the charming village of Grindelwald. You won't be disappointed by the wonderful hospitality that the family shows you, and you definitely won't be disappointed by what the place offers you. I am definitely coming back to Silvi's again when I visit Switzerland next time!

Room Tip: Sonnengruss comes with an in-room jacuzzi that is perfectly for pampering yourself with a hot bath a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Silvi and Horst proved to be the perfect hosts in this lovely B&B in Grindelwald. Upon being picked up by Silvy we were introduced to one her upper rooms in the top of the residence providing a clean,modern country chic design in addition to the very comfortable bed.
All of this was a welcome relief after a long commute.
We also travelled with our small boy of whom Silvy made very welcome and he loved seeing the parade of deer around early evening time as my wife and I enjoyed a very relaxing spa in the snow showers. Ours hosts were very informative spending so many years in this region.
Horst and Silvy are both stars in the breakfast department providing a quality and filling breakfast.
A highlight of our holiday.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from 2 perfect days spent here in "Dream Catcher Inn". This is what dreams are made of.

From the moment we were picked up from the station, to the moment we were dropped off, yes how is that for service? the way we were looked after was first class.

The house is just beautiful. The setting is amazing. The service and attention to detail is fantastic.

We were lucky as the snow was falling, which made the setting like a picture postcard. From our balcony in our spotlessly clean, very well furnished room, we had the most perfect view across snow covered mountains. The house is about 20mins walk from the village and both myself and my partner loved the walk in the snow, this all added to our experience.

The breakfast was just delicious! All locally sourced produce, home made jams/breads accompanied by local cheeses,meats. To add to this we were treated to cooked breakfast.....Rosti/Scrambled eggs and bacon..... Delightful! The Swiss Porridge was also delicious and sets you up for the day.

It's very hard to describe fully how much we enjoyed our visit, as it was perfection. I guess the only thing you can do is book and visit! We will certainly be returning.

Thank you very much, Alan & Oliver.

• Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our stay at Silvis was a dream, and surpassed all expectations. From the breathtaking location, to the charm and style of the rooms, and wonderful hospitality shown to us by Silvi and Horst. Not being accustomed to BnB, I can say that Silvi and Horst managed to balance being warm and welcoming, without at all being intrusive. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Every room is a great room. You really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

A lot of people advised me that November was not the best time to stay in the Swiss Alps - lots of lifts, hotels, and restaurants are closed, and the weather is dreary. But I decided on pushing through with this trip because of the reviews I read about Silvi's B&B and thought it would be a welcome respite from the pressures of city life, which is why I put Grindelwald on the last leg of our trip, after Basel and Zurich. It was the right decision to make, as it was constantly raining in Basel and Zurich, and we were blessed to have such wonderful weather when we stayed in Grindelwald.

Silvi's exceeded our expectations, from the time Sarah picked us up from the train station to the day we took the train back to Geneva. After staying at Silvi's, I can understand why the guests have nothing but wonderful things to say about the inn and Silvi and her family. You are treated like family - Sarah picked us up from the airport, prepared breakfast for us every morning (I would like to stress that she prepared a fabulous spread for us even if there were only two of us staying for the week), recommended hiking trails and activities for us to do.

Highlights of our stay:

Location - When you walk out of the patio, you can't help but gasp at the magnificent view. You will find yourself staring directly at the Eiger. Silvi's Inn is perched on top of a hill and you get a magnificent view of the valley and are surrounded by mountains. Just a note to future guests, Silvi's is a 25-30 minute walk from the train station. As we didn't rent or bring a car, we had to rely on public transportation (last bus to Silvi's is at 18.44) or walk. I don't find this a particular hassle because like as mentioned, you can request to be picked up from the train station upon your arrival in Grindelwald.

Rooms - The rooms are very spacious, clean, and tastefully decorated.

Breakfast - What can I say, I look forward to breakfast every single time. Almost everything was homemade - the bread, the muesli, oatmeal with cinnamon granules, the preserved jams, the fruit smoothie and the quiche. Sarah tweaks the menu for variety. Every breakfast is also served with cheese and charcuterie from the local farmers.

Other amenities - Outdoor jacuzzi, patio, and grill (you can do your grocery at the Coop near the train station and grill your meats outdoors if the weather is nice).

Thanks Silvi, Horst, and Sarah for a memourable Swiss Alpine experience. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I had difficulty deciding between Sonnengruss and Firnglanz because both rooms had their own charm...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Silvi's Dream Catcher Inn? Share your experiences!