“6 out of 5 - outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Grand Bellevue

Save Saved
You added Le Grand Bellevue to your Saves list
Le Grand Bellevue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hauptstrasse, Gstaad, Saanen 3780, Switzerland (Formerly Grand Hotel Bellevue)   |
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Gstaad
Brisbane, Australia
“6 out of 5 - outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

There are not enough superatives to describe this hotel experience. From the moment you walk in the door you are welcomed and enveloped with warmth and genuine hospitality. Nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful staff. The location is perfect, in central Gstaad, a short walk to the Promenade, ice rink and train station. The spa is exceptional and the choice of saunas and steam rooms is impressive. The food's great and the rooms and public areas are faultless. 6 out of 5 - outstanding!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room, but I prefer the front rooms because many have a balcony and I love the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LGBgstaad, Inhaber at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Daniel Koetser and I had just acquired prior to your trip, and am now managing the Grand Hotel Bellevue. We have also renamed the hotel to "Le Grand Bellevue". I noticed that you and a number of other very kind guests have made reviews over the years which had not been replied to by the previous direction, and so in a rather generic way I wished to let you know that the property has been fully renovated once more, and I do hope you may have the time to visit again!

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Grand hotel Bellevue is a great hotel where you will feel warmly welcomed. The rooms are big and clean, the spa is great with loads of different steam rooms, the food is fantastic and the concierge are extremely helpfull. The only minus -as far as I m concerned - is that the hotel is decorated in black, grey and red, ie nothing to do with mountain

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Daniel Koetser and I recently acquired (last year), and am now managing the Grand Hotel Bellevue. We have also renamed the hotel to "Le Grand Bellevue". I noticed that you and a number of other very kind guests have made reviews over the years which had not been replied to, and so in a rather generic way I wished to let you know that the property has been renovated once more, and I do hope you may have the time to visit again!

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Besides Gstaad is a marvelous place to be in summer, the Bellevue made our stay a relaxing and comfortable experience.
I don't like superlatives but writing about the Bellevue I will make some exceptions.
We experienced the staff to be very friendly and helpful in all respects and highly committed to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Our spacious room convinced by its puristic and consistent furnishing while maintaining highest quality in each detail.
The spa follows the same concept of highest quality and purism deliberately abstaining from any disturbing element.
We very much enjoyed the delicious breakfasts on the lovely patio. We also enjoyed the dinner in the restaurant that celebrates the fine art of cooking.
Wherever possible one recognizes little extras and differences that all together made our stay at the Bellevue an exceptional experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

A friend of mine and me stayed 2 nights at this grand, lovely hotel in Gstaad!
The room was very comfortable, the breakfast one of the best ones i have ever had - and the SPA with 6 different hamams and saunas was great.
The garden and terrace are lovely - the perfect place to relax. Close to Gstaad you can go for long hikes in the summer and of course ski in the winter.
The staff is very friendly and efficient, without being over the top pushy (as can happen in 5-star hotels).
A real 5-star experience & i will be back!!! :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. We were welcomed with a drink immediately. The service and friendliness were outstanding without being imposing. It is a design hotel so the rooms are very large and modern. Not only does this hotel have free wi-fi throughout, you can also hire an ipad and its free! so is the minibar! It is at the edge of town so about 5-10 mins walk into the centre.

Room Tip: De luxe and above have walk in shower. Bacony sizes vary from non existent to very large. There is a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Hotel Bellevue for 5 nights on a recent ski trip to Gstaad. The hotel is in a terrific location in town, near all of the restaurants and shops; remarkably convenient.

The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was top-notch - nice shower, the most high-tech toilet I've ever seen and granite/marble abound. One nice feature, the bathroom had a speaker that was integrated with the Bang and Olufsen stereo, so you can listen to music while you get ready to head out.

The staff at the Grand Hotel Bellevue always made an effort to ensure our utmost satisfaction. They achieve an ideal level of attention and privacy; someone is always available to assist, but not overwhelmingly present.

Breakfast at Prado, the hotels Michelin-rated restaurant was always enjoyable, so we decided to eat their for dinner on our last night. We opted for the tasting menu and drank a nice bottle of wine from their extensive list. Every single bite of food at Prado was amazing; innovative, fresh and marvelously tasty.

I would definitely recommend the Grand Hotel Bellevue - it exceeded all expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We did not stay here but for dinner and cocktails this place is a must, one word comes to mind Elegant, great food and wine list, Uber friendly staff a great place to relax (real open fire) after a great day's Skiing !!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Daniel

Been to Le Grand Bellevue? Share your experiences!