“Staff very very kind ans helpful !” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Touring au Lac
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Numa-Droz 1, Neuchatel 2001, Switzerland   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Neuchatel
Zürich
“Staff very very kind ans helpful !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

We arrived late and ask for a room. The receptionist was very helpful and kind. He give as free of charge a park authorisation for our car. The room was Clean. Not so big but OK.
In the night I was not well and phone at the reception. A security Man organised me a doctor. The night was short but very good bed and the breakfast was well. Very good bread , Expresso machine and more.........
We will came back at this hotel next year!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I was really worried about staying in this place after reading the reviews but it was the only free affordable room I could find in town for a short business trip.
I must say it wasn't THAT bad. Actually, it wasn't bad at all. The lobby it is not the prettiest one I've seen but decent. The room was really small but since I traveled alone with very little luggage it was ok. I got just a single bed with some walking space. A small bathroom with no bathtub (didn't need one anyways) and in general it was all clean and ok.
The decoration in general was not my favorite but at least it looked kinda new, not too grandma like as some hotels tend to do. (ok, maybe a little bit)
The breakfast buffet was basic but ok. Very good bread (but bread is always good in Switzerland) and cheese. Good espresso machine. Good assortment of cereals, jams, yogurt, etc. Not much fresh fruit but apples were fine.
The receptionist seemed to speak good French, perfect German, Swiss-german and English so no complains there. She was also polite.
I would say it is an ok place to stay when all you want is a decent bed and breakfast but no more than that.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
CH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

Is this real a hotel... first of all I called to confirm the booking, the person was really unfriendly. Then the hotel is old, the room was smelly and not very "fresh"... AND THE BEST the restaurant of the Hotel, I speak French ... people are suposed to speak French as this is the language in this part of Switzerland BUT it was terrible to communicate with the waiters... Unacceptable... then the food was not good at all, do not try the pizzas only positive things is the terrasse, but you can find other nice terrasses around were you will feel bette, same as for the hotels around

• Liked — nothing really
  • Disliked — most of it
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Emilia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

the staff has been very rude. moreover the receptionist did not make any effort to clarify a misunderstanding with my parents (68 years old they are not French or English speaker)

A real nightmare

Stayed July 2008
Emilia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

It has been a very sad experience. the receptionist has been very rude with my parents (they are almost seventy years old and they don't speak French neither good english). Moreover the staff threated them not as guest but more as refugees. My parents have been very sad, especially when the receptionist refused to give them some explanation about the reservation system (they were really unfair). It is a shame.

I wrote a very formal and polite complaining email to the property, where she replied next time I could find another hotel!

such a bad experience

If you are so brave to book a room I wish you good luck.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the rest
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Malmo, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

WARNING! If you want to be sure to have a room does not book this hotel! I made a reservation for a family of 2 adults and 1 child. At arrival I was informed that the hotel does not have any rooms with 3 beds so I had to pay for an extra room. Of course I refused and after some argument they put an extra bed in a very tiny double room. There was approximately one square meter floor area left. Initially the lady wanted me to pay extra since we would be 3 persons in the room. Instead I wanted a discount and was informed that the only way we could get a discount was by returning two breakfast vouchers. That would give us a discount of one (!) breakfast. Since I am the only one in our family that has breakfast in the morning I returned two vouchers, but I was refused the discount.

The booking was made 17 days in advanced. If the hotel had been customer oriented they had all the chance to contact me. Now instead all their behaviors gave me the impression that they are not honest and they only tried to fool me for money.

Per-Gunnar Viklund, Malmo, Sweden

• Liked — Too finaly get away from all the argumentation
  • Disliked — The treatment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Touring au Lac? Share your experiences!