“Fabulous Local Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 278 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Wilden Mann Stube (parlour) in Luzern, which has been awarded 14 points in the prestigious Gault-Millau Swiss guide, offers and elegant room for a festive dinner. With great attention to detail, head chef, Tobias Kofmel, produces creative cuisine steeped in tradition, inspired by whatever is on offer at the local market. However, he also has great ability at using his knowledge of international cuisine to great creative effect, producing his own contemporary combinations. On the menu, you will find interesting options such as tomato, herb and olive pralines accompanied by a rocket salad with Puschlaver dry-cured ham, beef fillet Stroganoff prepared at the table, or chocolate sour cream slices with a kumquat compote (stewed citrus fruit). There are always numerous options for vegetarians available on the menu. Restaurant manager, Viktor Spath, serves a great choice of outstanding wine from all over the world to accompany your meal. For those of you who wish to enjoy the culinary experience with a cigar or cigarette, it is possible to relax in either the smoker's lounge, or the smokers��� restaurant Burgerstube (Burger parlour). As a particular highlight at the Wilder Mann Stube (parlour), there are numerous events to take part in, such as the murder mystery dinners. Under the motto: a Lucullan meal for the palate, and witty criminal case to solve for the mind. A crime to solve alongside an outstanding 3 course set menu, all part of the service from the staff. All this, just to get the taste buds going.
Houston, Texas
“Fabulous Local Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

My husband and I had a lovely meal at this restaurant. I had the fried scallops, beat soup and sausage. They had a large menu of local options and the ones my husband and I selected were fabulous. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in local cuisine. The setting is also charming and the service is good.

Wilmington, Delaware
“An excellent recommendation by a rival restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

When planning our recent trip to Switzerland, I naturally had put together a list of restaurants based on reviews from TA. What I forgot was that not everyone was on vacation like us so when I went up to our first choice of restaurant to see if we could reserve a table for that evening, it hadn't even dawned on me that it was Friday night and that tables might be at a premium. Fortunately, the staff member I was speaking with at this unnamed establishment happily recommended the Burgerstube as an alternative! The staff here squeezed us into the last table they had available and we were thrilled that they did! Our server made some amazing recommendations throughout the evening and ensured that it was a memorable night for us! Would not have to think twice about whether or not we would return here!

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andr_s_C188064, Manager at Burgerstube im Hotel Wilden Mann, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Wine Traveller
Thank you for following the advises of our competitor and for trying us! Your review compliments on our staff member as well as your kind recommendation are much appreciated.
Look forward having you as a guest again at the Burgerstube or at the Sauvage or why not, stay with us at the Romantik Hotel Wilden Mann next time you come to Lucerne.
Best regards, yours Burgerstube and Romantik Hotel Wilden Mann Team
Washington, DC
“Excellent Swiss cuisine; awesome game meat pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I dined here on 26 October 2014 with a local host and his son at their suggestion. I had been in Lucerne twice before, but had yet to dine at an authentic Swiss cuisine restaurant in the city. I am happy to report that the Wilden Mann did not disappoint. During the fall, venison and other game (but primarily venison) seem to be the mainstay on all Swiss cuisine menus. The last time in Lucerne, I had had venison in a brown gravy with spaetzle (dumplings) and a beet/sauerkraut side. This time, I opted for the game meat pie, which was essentially like a meat in a tan gravy covered with a pie crust (some vegetables also were on the inside). I really am not sure what the meat was (it was in small, almost round cubes), but it tasted fantastic. As a starter, I had what seemed like a sauerkraut creme soup, but it was almost like a foam instead of a soup. It too was fantastic. My hosts had the traditional venison dishes, and they were pleased with the food.

The service, like the food, was superb. The waitress was very attentive, and did her best to explain things to me. As with almost all things in Switzerland, however, the meal was not inexpensive. In total, over 200 Swiss Francs for 3 people, but if you want authentic Swiss food, you probably will not get much better tasting food.

One note to bear in mind (and this is completely beyond the control of the Wilden Mann) if you are looking for a place for a before-dinner drink, do not go to the bar about 40 yards down Bahnhofstrasse from the Wilden Mann restaurant door at the corner of Burgerstrasse and Pfisterg, unless you are looking for a brothel. The frosted windows on all sides should have been sufficient warning, but this naive American walked right into a bar (Just for a drink!) where I had to fend off several propositions before I was able to down my glass of red wine.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andr_s_C188064, Manager at Burgerstube im Hotel Wilden Mann, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Victor
Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Lucerne.
Your extended review about our staff and their services, rooms and common areas as well as about the Restaurant Sauvage and the Burgerstube are really much appreciated.
You are right, reservations are highly recommended, since locals and hotel guests like the food and the ambience very much.
Look forward accommodating you soon again.
Best regards, your Wilden Mann Team
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Everything, convenient location, beautiful suite, good restaurant. Friendly, helpful staff. Cleanliness excellent.

Visited October 2014
Andr_s_C188064, Manager at Burgerstube im Hotel Wilden Mann, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Dear Gillian
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Lucerne. Thank you for the compliments.
Look forward accommodating you soon again.
Best regards
Your Wilden Mann Team
Stockport
“Good food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

We found this restaurant while roaming about the old town. They fitted us in although they were quite busy and we hadn't reserved. The 3 course menu at 57 CHF was excellent value given the quality of the food and much more imaginative than the average Lucerne restaurant.
Efficient service and very helpful staff - definitely much better than the typical hotel restaurant.

Andr_s_C188064, Manager at Burgerstube im Hotel Wilden Mann, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Dear Touchay
Many thanks for your great review on our restaurant. It is a big pleasure for us to see how clients can appreciated the daily efforts our team. Thank you for taken time to write about your experience and to share it with us.
Look forward seeing you soon at one of our restaurants or why don’t staying at the Romantik Hotel Wilden Mann next time you are in Lucerne.
Best regards, your Wilden Mann Team