“Ambiance, Superb food and friendly service.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 278 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Zurich
“Ambiance, Superb food and friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Living in Switzerland our family often dine at this outstanding family run restaurant. Alone, or with our children or grandchildren it is always a memorable experience. It's antique furnishings, the kind attention from the Buholzer family and staff, not to mention the quality of the food make us regulars. A must for any visitor to Lucerne. When home after visiting beautiful Lucerne you'll remember your experience at the Old Swiss House, the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge - in that order. Bon Appetit . David Gordon.

• Visited October 2013

• Thai first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a great dinner and an outstanding experience at the Old Swiss House. We feared that it would be like so many well know restaurants that are more of a tourist attraction than a great place to eat. But we were greatly surprised when welcomed by members of the founding family and even had them helping with the preparation and delivery of our meal. This attention to detail was obvious in the outstanding quality of our meal and the entire dining experience. I highly recommend including a visit to the Old Swiss House in any visit to Lucerne. I also recommend making a reservation for an evening meal.

Richmond, Canada
“Amazing Food- Fairly high price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The food was outstanding, great taste, great service
The best schnitzel that I have ever eaten - by far.
We can not wait to go back to this restaurant

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Amazing Food, Amazing Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family, 6 people in all, and I had an amazing time. Our waiter was so funny and kind, can't remember his name but he favored Mr. Bean. The food was great, some of my family had the Weiner schnitzel and I had the soup, forgot what it was called but on a cold December day it was sooooo delicious. Some of the best food I've ever had at a restaurant. Now, for dessert they have their famous chocolate mousse and I really don't like chocolate but I wanted to see what the hype was all about. Everyone in my family had it and it was INCREDIBLE. I can't get this restaurant out of my head, huge thanks to management and service. Just a warning this place is very expensive, but I think it was worth every penny.

• Visited December 2012
Rochester, New York
“Increadible restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a free night while on a group tour of Europe and chose the Old Swiss House for a nice dinner in Switzerland. Very nice and upscale restaurant with a menu to match but you get what you pay for and we loved it. Their specialty is table side service, if I ever go again I will do the table side Weiner schnitzel which is their pride and joy. The waiter even prepared our chocolate mouse at the table which was a very cool treat.