“Very authentic exellent italian restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pasta
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pizza & PastaLa Cucina is the city’s premier Italian restaurant, delivering delicious Italian cuisine including home-made pasta e pizza and great wines in a welcoming Mediterranean environment.
Oslo, Norway
“Very authentic exellent italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

the pasta dishes that we ordered was exellent in taste,service very good.Its a pity we did try the rest.the last day of our visit.

Visited August 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Baden, Switzerland
“Fancy, but in the end, just another Italian restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel staff, and after consulting the menu, we decided to give it a try. I was not super excited about the menu, but reviews were pretty good, so I was hopeful. After spending a few minutes trying to figure out how to enter the place (weird set up for the entrance, not your typical, inviting entrance), we were greeted by a Maitre D', in Italian, and placed at a table.
The decor was pretty nice, quite dark, giving the place a romantic feel. They played Andrea Bocelli type music, which in some ways was nice, but I thought it gave the restaurant this cheesy Italian stereotype you might find in a themed restaurant.
The menu was written in Italian, with German translation underneath. I speak a limited amount of both languages, and was able to figure out most dishes on the menu. Our waiter came to take our drink order. He was very serious, spoke mostly Italian, and was rather unhelpful with the menu questions we had. Again, I understand this is an Italian restaurant, but I found the whole speaking Italian, and acting like we were in a plaza somewhere in Italy routine a bit trying. This was Luzern, not Milan or Rome. I suppose if you are into that sort of thing, then this is the place for you.
The menu looked fancy and appealing, but in the end, offered some typical Italian dishes, pizzas, pastas, risotto, and meat dishes. A few original dishes, but in the end, not much different from your typical Italian restaurant menu. That's not necessarily a bad thing when you are looking for an Italian place, but I was expecting a bit more, especially based on the prices they charged. My wife went with a pasta dish, and me, the Osso Bucco, a veal shank prepared in a tomato/vegetable based sauce, which was served with a saffron risotto (which is actually what should typically be served with Osso Bucco, so good job there!).
My wife was very pleased with her dish. The pasta was cooked Al Dente like she likes, and was very flavorful. My dish was good, and perhaps I am being a bit hard on the place, but I found it slightly bland. It was missing that one element that would have made the dish great.
We looked at the dessert menu, which again displayed your typical Italian desserts, Tiramisu, Cannoli, etc. We were too full, so we passed.
Overall, I was not impressed. I held this restaurant to a pretty high standard, based on the recommendation from the hotel staff and the reviews, and I feel it came up short. I found the place a bit stuffy, the staff haughty, and the food barely above average. The wine list was way overpriced, something I have come to expect in nice restaurants in Switzerland, but paying $60 to $70 for an average bottle of Italian wine is an easier pill to swallow when the food can back it up. It didn't. Given the many other choices available in Luzern, I will most likely not return to this restaurant. If you decide to try it though, I hope you enjoy!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Benvenuto a Lucerna! Welcome to the Italian-Lucerne!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Lucerne. Whenever you enter, due to music the waiters and the beautiful interior, it automatically feels as if  you had just arrived in Italy.
But its not just the atmosphere also the food and wine selection makes the place so recommendable.  Usually I like to order a Pizza, although I also loved their pasta (I think it was with a vodka sauce).
As a dessert you might want to try their tiramisu combined with their great coffee which tastes even better with the cantuccini that come along.
However, if you want to get the full experience and really enjoy your dinner, there is one or two things you might want to consider and bear in mind. First of all, compared to other Italian restaurants in Lucerne LaCucina is rather pricy.
Also it can get quite loud due to the fact that its all in one large room. For that reason I usually eat here on weekdays since it gets worse on the weekends and you lose the Italian flair. Also if they are fairly booked you will be sitting close to your neighbor what can be really unconformable.
But other than that I really do like this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“I ALWAYS go here when I am in Lucerne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is Italy in Switzerland. from the Pizza to the Entrees, the food here is just like in Italy. Every trip when I am in Lucerne I make a trip to La Cucina. I recommend the tuna entree and it is fresh and light.

Visited June 2012
York, PA
“Great hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Great meal. My boss went two nights in a row. We both love good food and he found the menu very good and wanted to try the other items. He was not disappointed. Pizza is wonderful and other menu items did not disappoint.

• Visited April 2012