“Dinner with a view” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
SF Bay Area
“Dinner with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked a table as soon as we checked in because we wanted to sit on the balcony at one of the six tables overlooking the water.
The tables are sheltered from the weather. The food and service were very good and it was one of the most relaxing and scenic meals of our trip.

Visited July 2013

Overland Park, KS
“Decent food, over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate at this restaurant during August 2013. We shared a fondue and green salad and each had wine. The food was good enough. The service was incredibly slow. The scenery and surroundings were beautiful. The one thing I can't get past however, is the fact that they charged us 4 Euro for a .5 liter of tap water. Yes, I said tap water not some fancy bottled water. It's just a plain and simple rip off.

Visited August 2013
Proserpine
“Riverside dining, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great location, very good service. We stopped here for a very late lunch and a break from exploring beautiful Lucerne. However the thing I was most impressed with was their follow up customer service. We we returned to hotel that evening we could not locate our camera. I rang the hotel on the chance we had left it on our table. They could not find it however assured me they would do a thorough search. The next day I received a call from the manager who told me that they had done a search as promised however didn't locate it. I did not expect to hear back from them and I appreciated the customer service. Fortunately the camera was found at another location.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Lovely riverside dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I ate here on the first night of our trip since we were staying at the hotel. The setting on the terrace overlooking the Chapel Bridge is very special. We were served by a delightful young woman who recommended a light and refreshing wine-based cocktail to start the meal. Our meals were fine, not outstanding, but the price was reasonable for Lucerne. I had shrimp which was nicely presented with a salad. My husband had a sausage with roesti, which was simple comfort food. It was really the atmosphere which made this such a special night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Best of the riverside restaurants (at least that I tried)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had an excellent cheese fondue and dessert late one night after returning from hiking. I am Swiss-American so I am a bit of a fondue snob, and they delivered a very nicely balanced fondue in which I could taste both the sharpness of the gruyere and the tanginess of the kirsch. The waiter recommended us two very good local wines by the glass--a sweet white for my wife and a red for me. Compared to other wine by the glass I tasted at other restaurants on the river, mine was a quite good wine at a reasonable price. The dessert--gelato with chocolate sauce--was also simple and very good. We were staying at the hotel, and had been avoiding eating in the same place as where we had breakfast in the morning for variety's sake. That was a serious mistake; I wish we had eaten more of our meals in this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013