“"Sorry, but we have no room..."” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern

You added Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern to your Saves list
Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seidenhofstrasse 5 | 6002 Luzern, Lucerne 6002, Switzerland   |
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Lucerne
Lund, Sweden
“"Sorry, but we have no room..."”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

Upon arrival - with a confirmed booking, guaranteed with my credit card - I was advised that there was no room available and that they had taken the liberty to book me into a nearby hotel (Hotel Central) with equal standard. As it was rather late I saw no option but to accept - offered a free 3-course meal in the restaurant and free overnight parking in their garage - but with no reduction in price (CHF230.-).

I was rather disappointed, as the offered hotel and room did not live up to the 4 star standard (which I payed for). The remote control for the TV set was taped, but didn't work anyway. At breakfast the request for a cappuccino was reluctantly met with "We have self-service". And I don't think this is the standard for Hotel Flora. But I might be wrong...

But the worst part is that I'm not able to do - and trust - another reservation at Hotel Flora, where I previously have been staying in, as I felt set aside and seriously don't believe this would have happened to any of their more "distinguished" guests.

"Where are we staying tonight?" - "In Lucerne, at Hotel Flora." - " Will we get a room there at this hour?" - "No problem, I have a reservation!" - Curtain...

Do you see the problem?

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milan-Rome-Palermo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

1) If you want to pay with a credit card that isn't yours, may be it's a gift of someone, don't go in this hotel! they don't say you, when you reserve, that you have to give an authorization (it's not important if you reserve with your credit card and the name of the traveller is another).
2) They take your money the first day that you will arrive, never happened to me before.
3) they don't speak french!!!!!!!! in switzerland!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
FLORA01, General Manager at Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
We are very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience during your stay at our hotel. To offer highest service and quality is our highest priority and our daily aim - therewith I am sad that you have left in a bad way. Nevertheless in Switzerland it is not legally allowed to pay with a credit card that is not provided under your name. This is simply out of security reasons and for the guests own safety. In case a credit card is stolen, this avoids bad depts for the supplier. In this case, we always need an authorization of the owner of the card as a proof. You are right, we should have stated this part in your reservation and I will change the policies accordingly. If we don`t receive a method of payment at the beginning of a stay, we have to have a cash deposit. Again this is for security reasons for the hotel. I am again sorry for this inconvenience and would love to welcoming you again personally. Please let me know, if you are considering to travel to Lucerne again - me and my team will do our best, to make your stay perfect. Best regards,
Jessica Ternes
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Great location less than a block from the oldest bridge in Lucerne and right by the train station. The room was exceptionally clean, spacious considering the typical European room, and well decorated with wall-mounted TV. Breakfast was the best buffet we had on our trip - don't miss it! Only complaint was that the front desk manager would not honor our travel-agent booked price, even with conformation papers as proof. Ended up costing $40 more per night, which put a damper on the experience. PS- Whatever you do, don't miss the golden round trip up Mt. Pilatus.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

Hotel Flora is an average hotel for me..I like the fact that it is so proximal to the train station, convenience stores, underpass, theaters, museums and Mc. Donald resto.. The only person that i condemn during my two day stay was the chinese crew inside the restaurant. He always served our coffee later than most caucasian guests. I think he should not discriminate fellow asians. We'll, this people should watch out, though there maybe asian guest but they are more valuable and more money to splurge compared to other nationalities. Otherwise, the hotel is good to stay at for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

My Mum and I stayed here for 3 nights. The travel agent had not been able to book the hotel I wanted and had booked us here instead. I was a little wary but my concerns were soon overcome. The front desk staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. The check in was efficient and they also booked us into a restaurant for dinner after we mentioned we would like to try fondue. The rooms were clean and had enough room to move around. The breakfast which was included was plentiful and fresh although the staff in here were not overly friendly or helpful. We had to chase them each day to get coffee and when we mentioned the water in the urn for tea was only warm not hot we were rudely told it was fine. We did have dinner in the restaurant one night which was very good. The staff on the front desk provided the best service and were always friendly as we passed through reception. The hotel is very well located only 5 minutes walk to the train station and a couple of minutes to the Chapel Bridge.

• Stayed July 2009
Osaka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

The hotel is located close to the main station, and was quiet during our stay. We are annoyed that the bathroom had no shampoo, no conditioner but body soap. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Our rate is about $165/night/room. Two rooms. Stayed two nights, upgraded to 6 FL for free because no two standard rooms on the same floor. Balcony is small but adequet and excellant view. Anyway, best location in a quiet street. Five stars.

Staff, no much interactions. Spoke to 3 or 4 people at front desk, all smiling and willing to help, very polite.

Restaurant, breakfast included in our stay, not bad. Three stars.

Waiter, very friendly and GREEDY. Usually restaurants in Switzerland include service/tip. When we presented our voucher for our dinner bill, he said service was not included. Greedy and not honest. Zero star.

Overall, if it would be a true 4 star hotel if it has pool and whirlpool.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern? Share your experiences!