“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Eastwest Hotel

You added Eastwest Hotel to your Saves list
Eastwest Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue des Paquis 6, Geneva 1201, Switzerland (Mont-Blanc)   |
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Geneva
London
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

I was very unhappy as soon as I walked into reception, as it was full of sinister fake ethnographia and very dark and unwelcoming. The staff were nice but no nicer than any other 4-star hotel. The room was badly arranged and felt quite cramped. I really hated the ugly decor and furniture, there was not one thing in my room that I would have allowed in my house.

Admittedly the bed was very comfortable and the shower was lovely but I was very disappointed not to have a bidet. I was shocked that there were no grab-rails near the bath/shower - in fact this hotel was totally unsuitable for anyone at all disabled. The TV was very user-unfriendly and the espresso machine ate half the coffee pods. The wardrobe was too short for my clothes - I am 5'2" and none of my things were full length but they did not benefit from being shut in the wardrobe door.

Having been warned (on this website) about the cost of the food I did not eat there so cannot comment.

Overall I was very disappointed. I felt this was very expensive for what it was and I would never want to go there again. It ruined my stay in Geneva. In fact it's put me right off boutique hotels.

• Liked — The bed and the shower
  • Disliked — the decor
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

I go to Geneva often on business and this was the first time that I had stayed there. Yes it may not be right next to the traditional shopping streets but they are a short walk away.

The people were fantastic, the rooms clean, well decorated and comfortable. As with most of Geneva's hotels, the storage space is minimal. My other slight niggle is that there are no irons in the room and you will not get access to one but instead have to pay for the items to be pressed.

All in all I loved the hotel and will definitely stay there again (will just have to invest in a travel steamer).

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — No irons available
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

Wonderful, classy, lovely staff, delicate attentions...just my best experience so far!

Stayed April 2008
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

This hotel was recommended to us by a Geneva resident. We were travelling back from a ski resort, and needed a place to stay for just one night. We got lost trying to find the hotel, called them up and they were very cool about keeping us on the line and directing us pretty much to the door. Very friendly reception ladies, valet parked our car for us. Room was lovely - one of the most comfortable beds we've slept in for a very long time. Furnishing is very modern, and has a Schrager-style to it (like Royalton in NYC, or Sanderson in London), but nicer because it is a boutique hotel, not a zoo.

Nice buffet breakfast - not cheap but they didn't charge for the kids so that worked out OK. We didn't dine in the hotel so I can't comment on the dinner but the menu looked interesting.

Only issue some people might have is the location - whilst it is literally one minute's walk from the Lake, and they provide guests with travel-passes that are good on all the city's public transport including the boats (which we thought was a really nice gesture), the hotel isn't far from the Cornavin railway station, so some of the side-streets are a bit scruffy - but that's scruffy by Geneva standards, which is still pretty clean compared with anywhere else in the world.

Definitely a good place to try.

• Liked — Cool decor, ultra-comfy beds
  • Disliked — Nothing particularly
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Eastwest Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Eastwest Hotel

Address: Rue des Paquis 6, Geneva 1201, Switzerland
Location: Switzerland > Canton of Geneva > Geneva > Mont-Blanc
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
#1 Business Hotel in Geneva
#3 Family Hotel in Geneva
#3 Romantic Hotel in Geneva
#11 Luxury Hotel in Geneva
Hotel Class:4 star — Eastwest Hotel 4*
A few steps from the lake, close to the business and shopping areas, Eastwest Hotel is the ideal home away from home to make the most of your stay in Geneva. The old town and the international organizations are a few minutes away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Agoda, Priceline, Escapio, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Eastwest Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Eastwest Hotel Geneva

If you own or manage Eastwest Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.