“Clean, convenient, great customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastwest Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eastwest Hotel to your Saves list
Eastwest Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue des Paquis 6, Geneva 1201, Switzerland (Pâquis Navigation)   |
Ranked #7 of 104 hotels in Geneva
Brooklyn, NY
“Clean, convenient, great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at Eastwest for 2 nights before heading out to hike the Tour du Mont Blanc. We contacted many different hotels before settling on Eastwest. We were so pleased with Eastwest's responsiveness via email. They responded promptly and answered all our questions thoroughly. That, combined with Tripadvisor reviews convinced us Eastwest would be a good choice. We were not disappointed. We took the free train from the Geneva airport and walked the few blocks to the hotel. After our overnight flight from the U.S., we arrived at Eastwest around 10am hoping we could at least leave our bags until check-in but they let us check in right away which was really great. We were able to shower and nap before we went out to explore Geneva. Front desk staff all speak English well. Our room was small but clean and we liked the separate closet room where we could stow our bags. Even though we received the free tourist transit pass at check-in, we really didn't use it as we walked everywhere. We really enjoyed Old Town and spent much of our short stay in Geneva there. We were in Geneva in August, holiday time for the locals, so we did not get to dine at Bistrot du Boeuf Rouge, but it is conveniently located right across the street from the hotel! A word about the neighborhood--the street Eastwest is on is perfectly fine, lively, and has many restaurants and cafes. We had read that Eastwest is located in the "red light district" but didn't really picture what that meant so even though we were aware of this, it was still surprising to see prostitutes actually standing on the street corner (at 10am!) on many of the side streets just near the hotel. They weren't aggressive but it still felt kind of creepy. So if you stick to the main streets, you should be able to avoid them. Eastwest was a really good value as it was clean, stylish, convenient to transportation and attractions, and customer service was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Excellent location in Geneve, very cool design, lovely little back yard garden and great, spacious rooms are my highlighs of the EastWest hotel in Geneve. Rooms are great: spacious and with all the comfort one could think of. Loved my little Nespresso machine and the big shower! Staff quite friendly and the bar food really good. My red wine was too chilled - but trust me, not a big issue at the end of the day! Would absolutely book again if travelling to Geneve.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I used this hotel many times over the last 12 month. I like the location, the rooms, the personnel and the food. I can only regret that they don't offer free parking as it's almost impossible to find a spot in this neighborhood. Will return anyway!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a modern chic hotel and chose eastwest after reading many of the reviews. I stayed for 2 nights at the end of January. For me it was so refreshing to find a place with this kind of style and ambience. With 42 rooms it is also a perfect size if you are travelling on your own or as a couple and neither want the corporate feel of a large hotel or the self-consciousness of a tiny place. The rooms are a great fusion of natural woods, eastern colours and western amenities. I particularly liked the bathroom and the walk-in closet with Nespresso machine. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the duvet/pillows were excellent. The gym is small but it has some good equipment and makes the best use of the space.
So what would I improve?
WIFI. It is terrible, whether in my room, the restaurant or the gym, web browsing just about ok sometimes, but if you use an iPhone or iPad and need to run applications like email, maps, weather updates etc it is very bad. For a hotel clearly trying to attract tech-savvy affluent younger and eastern clientele this is a very big minus.
NOISE. The floors in the rooms are wooden. As beautiful as this is, it is not quiet. You can hear other guests as they walk around their rooms above and next to you. The room entry doors also slam quite hard. So it is far from peaceful.
I'm sure that some well placed rugs on the floors and felt pads on the doors could make big improvements.
NO BATH. I had a superior room. Don't get me wrong, as I have said, the bathroom was beautiful but not having a bath was somewhat disappointing.
I would seriously think of staying in the Eastwest again, but it is frustrating that it could actually be an excellent hotel overall if it managed to improve on the points I make here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Loved this hotel. Location perfect. We had a 1 day business/rest trip to Geneva in between London and Alps. This hotel was in every way perfect; a French chain - part W and part Kimpton. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was super. Great restaurant across the street.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I generally stay in the Paquis area of Geneva as it is a lot more lively and provides much more options for dining versus the hotels near the airport. I have stayed at most of the Paquis area hotels during my frequent business trips. I have to say that Eastwest is my new favorite - to be honest, my favorite is the Kempinski but its generally too expensive. I like the Eastwest for its convenient location (close to the train station without hearing the noise) and just a short walk to old town Geneva.

The room and the hotel was very nicely decorated and was quite large for Geneva standards. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was nicely adorned with a nice tub/shower.

I didn't dine at the restaurant so I can't say anything good or bad.

Note: This hotel is at the end of the road where the 'red light district' meets Rue des Paquis but that is NOT a problem or concern as the people aren't pushy or even really visible.

Bottom line, I think I have found my new go-to hotel in Geneva.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Last minute pick after a flight cancellation with limited expectations. I have travelled a lot for work and play and stayed in many hotels; this one was a very pleasant surprise. It's very stylish and quite "funky" but, unusually for such a hotel, in no way sacrifices on quality service and facilities. The staff were friendly, responsive and very helpful (lending me chargers for BB and iPhone with no issues). It's in a great location but slightly "colourful" neighborhood which actually just gives it more character on the otherwise quite bland Geneva canvas. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Eastwest Hotel? Share your experiences!