Nice staff. Beautiful lobby. Expensive hotel, so we were looking forward to our stay. We were handed a map of Geneva, which seemed not to show or list any sights. Later we realised that this is because there aren't really any sights in Geneva... apart from the lake.
We were also each handed travel cards for all of the public transport in Geneva during our stay. Very pleased with this. It would be nice if more hotels did the same. Unfortunately the travel cards really didn't prove to be useful... partly because the hotel is just so close to everything, anyway... and partly because the public transport system in Geneva is abysmal. The one time we actually used the system (trams), mainly because it had started to rain, we found out just how badly organinsed it is. if you want to catch one tram and then connect to another you have to walk a block and a half in between. This is not what I call "connecting" and contrary to any public transport system I've ever used in the world (and I've used a lot). None of this is the hotel's fault, though.
The room was huge. Very nice. Comfortable proper double bed. Our booking stated that we would have a couch in the room. We didn't. Instead 2 chairs. No big deal, though. Pretty bathroom with bath and separate shower. The bath also had a movable shower head, which would be great for washing kids hair. This had amazing water pressure! The actual shower, however, didn't seem to have much water pressure at all. Odd. The toilet was also in a separate room near the front door. Unfortunately, the toilet seat was broken in half on one side and pinched skin every time one sat down. Not pleasant.
There was a spa section in the hotel... with no actual spa. It did have a sauna and steam room, though.
Now for sleep quality... Not great... and not what we were expecting for such a nice hotel. Very thin walls, horrible pillows, lights that made an electric buzzing/clicking sound constantly throughout the night (yes, this is while they were turned off), also the elevators made a loud dinging sound every single time they opened... on the way up or down.
Overall, I was very disappointed with the fact that we spent so much money on this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Geneve Centre is a 4 star hotel located in the heart of Geneva, close to Lake Geneva and 15 minutes from the UN headquarters. The hotel features 206 rooms, a restaurant, bar and 6 meeting rooms for conferences and seminars. This 4 star hotel is equally suited to business trips and holidays with your partner or family. In addition to the fitness centre and spa, with relaxation room, hammam, sauna, solarium and massage room, guests enjoy free public transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Geneve Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Geneve Centre Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneve Centre
- Novotel Geneva
- Geneva Novotel