Don't let the bad reviews about the hotel location dissuade you for staying in this hotel, because everything else there is worth the experience. Location wise, it's central and in the city centre, between the main train station and the river/Geneva lake. It is just a short walk from everything. The red light district is just behind the hotel but has nothing to do with the hotel. There are a couple of roots in and out of the hotel away from the red light district. As a family, two adults and two kids, we had no problem with the location, we just turn right as we walk out of the hotel and walk straight till we get to the lake. We saw a few drug dealers once when we took a wrong turn, but we kept to ourselves and nobody approached us. For God's sake, we have been to Patong in Phuket, and we have been hassled way more than anything we saw in Geneva. Nobody approached us in Geneva. We have been to a few cities in this trip in Europe; namely, Paris, Metz, Geneva, Milan, Nice, Barcelona, Bordeaux and Tours. You have to be careful about who is around you anywhere, as there are pickpocket everywhere. Just keep your passports and and money safe, keep to yourself and enjoy yourself. Europe is awesome. We loved it. Therefore, I believe that the Novotel in Geneva is located is a great location.
It had a large and modern reception area, with special area for kids. Wifi is free but a bit slow. If you need speedy Internet, ask for ADSL cable connection. Rooms are nice and large. The whole hotel is clean. Their beds are extremely comfortable. Once you put your head on the bellow, the next thing you know is 10 am. some other hotels we've been to, we struggled to have a good night sleep.It has a secure car park just underneath the hotel. You can drive in and take your luggage up the elevator straight to your room. Car park cost €30 per 24h. Staff are extremely nice and helpful. I believe it is value for money. We walked out in the morning and walked along they river saw the fountain of Geneva, we went back to the hotel every afternoon to freshen up, then went back again at night for shopping. Geneva is a great city even in winter. We went there twice this year just because we fell in love with it. Thank you Novotel Geneva for the great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Geneve Centre is a 4 star hotel located in the heart of Geneva, close to Lake Geneva and 15 minutes from the UN headquarters. The hotel features 206 rooms, a restaurant, bar and 6 meeting rooms for conferences and seminars. This 4 star hotel is equally suited to business trips and holidays with your partner or family. In addition to the fitness centre and spa, with relaxation room, hammam, sauna, solarium and massage room, guests enjoy free public transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Geneve Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Geneve Centre Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneve Centre
- Novotel Geneva
- Geneva Novotel