“Wonderful Residence in Geneva” 5 of 5 stars

Residence St James
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Rue Versonnex, Geneva 1205, Switzerland   |
Ranked #76 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Mumbai
“Wonderful Residence in Geneva”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

It was a nice hotel/residence with kitchen attached, cleanliness was ok, location wise manageable with a free travel pass to catch a bus or boat to city center. Most of the things near by such as an Indian restaurant, church, park, Geneva lake. Over all nice security system with excellent free WiFi. Staffs are cooperative but not sufficient in numbers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Alicante, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

as generva was very expensive, this cheap accomodation seemed very good, the staff was very helpful, the location was brilliant central to generva, near the lake, near all transport. the hotel gave a free bus pass for generva which was great. the room was clean, with a small kitchen which was ideal for us, however, the room had wooden floor which meant you could hear all the noise and was difficult to sleep , needed ear plugs. other then that it was not bad. it all depends on your budget .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Maseru, Maseru, Lesotho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The staff at reception were horrible, they told me to take the wrong bus line to the airport, I was very frastrated, I wouldnt recommend staying for anyone, except the fact that their internet was ok, my room was never cleaned in my entire stay and I'm sure it was not cleaned even before I arrived. The kitchen was ok though. I was travelling with Vietnamese colleagues and the lady at the reception was a Vietnamese and started speaking their language and neglected me totally. There was a nail also that hurt me badly on the corner of my bed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Please don't go to Lake Geneva I could not believe how expensive it is go to lake Garda much nicer and cheaper..

Hotel St James Residence is what it is cheap for this city and only for the kitchen we would have been lost great location but 3 star rating I don't think 2 star maybe
the only good side to lake geneva is the free public transport that we got when we arrived at hotel, used it to get to airport and on the lake its an expensive rip off and the other side of lake has very shady parts

Room Tip: we had a room at back of hotel and it was fine on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed here twice before and decided, as we never had any issue before we would stay again while on honeymoon. Big big mistake, worst mistake ever. We had notified the hotel prior to our arrival that we were on honeymoon and needed to check in early. When we arrived the room wasn't ready. No problem, left luggage and returned two hrs later. We were told wewere on 7th floor and lift broken. Told them notgood enough so putus on 3rd floor into what I wouldclass as a single room. Small double bed, on chair atthe table and the kitchenette was a joke. It had to be the worlds smallest dirtiest room. The light broke in the bathroom. I was so upset and when I complained I dealt with the most ignorant rude receptionist. She hasn't a clue about customer care. They took the good out of our trip andwould never stay there again. Avoid if u want to enjoy your trip. Awful.

• Stayed October 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is an awful establishment in every aspect. The staff at the reception are unhelpful and verging on rude. I'd criticize their inability to speak clear English if there were not other more disturbing aspects of this hellhole. Given the cleanliness and efficiency of Swizterland, I'm surprised the authroties allow it to exist.
The room smelt like a rat died in it. I don't think my bathroom had been cleaned since the last person stayed there as I found hair in the shower and in the sink.
The kitchen utensils look about 40 years old and can no longer even be cleaned properly. Using them I'm sure would have given me some toxic or bacterial poisoning. Complaining about anything is futile to the very rude and incometent staff.
I thoroughly regret even spending one night there. Even paying CHF 10 per night would be like flushing it down their very dirty toilet. Even the corridors smelt.
The fact that it's on a main road makes it noisey and transport links are still 2 blocks away.
The Sagitta is much better, cleaner and with friendly and very helpful staff. It's in a similar location except down a peaceful and quiet street and less than 30 seconds to get to both a tram, and a bus as well as within 2 mins of the airport bus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Aparthotel has furniture from the 70's, but the good location nearby the lake and the spacious rooms let you forget about the the in-room environement.
Reception lady correct, but not too friendly, which does not surprise in Geneva, where many people dont make you feel welcome, but just " another stupid tourist".
Price wise very ok for the space you get, but renovation of the place badly needed !!

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors, much quieter !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends