I second what other people say - this hotel struck me as rather more style over substance.
- good location
- staff very friendly
- from the smell of paint in communal areas I think some bits are being redone.
- wifi worked well when I was there.
- Room was very clean (although some of the communal areas very dusty after the painting work).
- very little soundproofing
- I too had one of the bedrooms which looks out straight onto a wall.
- Little choice at breakfast
- No safe in the room (they have one at reception which resembles Fort Knox, great for your jewels, not so great if you just want to stash your laptop whilst you have breakfast).
- No tea and coffee making facilities in the room (as a Brit this is a big issue!!!)
- Unable to provide me with an iron, they expect you to use their hugely expensive ironing service. Very kindly said I could borrow the hotel's only iron, but after waiting an hour I gave up.
- Was very overdecorated but on closer inspection done very much on the cheap - flimsy net curtains in horrible polyester, wobbly tables etc.
- Took quite a lot of wrangling and discussion between the staff to find me a non-smoking room, so beware they are likely to give you a smoking room by default.
My overwhelming impression was that you pay £200+ per night here for something less than a Travelodge/Premier Inn in the UK would provide.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Longemalle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longemalle Hotel Geneva