“A very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adagio Geneve Mont Blanc

You added Adagio Geneve Mont Blanc to your Saves list
Adagio Geneve Mont Blanc
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Rue Thalberg 4, Geneva 1201, Switzerland (Formerly Residence Mont Blanc)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40 %
Ranked #4 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Geneva
Chester, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We really enjoyed staying there. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful, the room was perfect for us (top floor, spacious and bright with a stunning view as well) and the location is extremely good as well – everything (shops, public transport, restaurants etc) is on your door steps. One tip for those who will be using public transport – don’t forget to pick up you free tickets at the airport (that are valid for 80 minutes) and at the hotel you will be given your free Geneva transport passes that are good for all means of transport in Geneva Zone 10, including yellow boats on the lake.

Room Tip: We stayed in 715 - the top floor room with a huge balcony and a really good view on the surrounding...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brunswick, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found it really difficulet to find a short term rental apartment in Geneva. Mont Blanc has agreat location in the centre of Geneva but note the red light district is a block away. Some great restaurants just around the corner.
These serviced apartments are a bit tired but good value for money. The breakfast provided was very limited.
Staff were very helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

shame on management of this hotel. they charge your credit card in advance. bad policy. beware of such places. i'm terribly desapointed. look for places that honour the trust you have shown when providing your credit card

Room Tip: look for a place that respect the confidence shown when you trust your credit card. mont blanc is no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was here for three weeks for work, in a studio apartment. For such a long stay, it was significantly better than a hotel. The kitchenette was in a proper separate room, with a door that you could close fully, which I really appreciated. it was great to have a fridge and basic cooking facilities for such a long stay. I was surprised to find the bed was a proper full size double, rather than a sofa-bed which could be folded up during the day. This was good as it was more comfortable but did make the studio quite small during the day. There was a decent desk, large tv (but old-style, in case that matters to some people), decent hairdryer, shower and bath were all in one, good water pressure.

Internet connection was mostly good, went down a couple of times but they were fairly responsive. Cleaners very good and thorough, every day. Carpets were a bit old and faded though. Could do with some more hangers in the wardrobe, there were just four ordinary and four trouser-hangers whcih didn't grip properly and so were almost useless. A good small safe.

Efficient, good reception staff, though not exactly overly friendly, more business like. The snack breakfast in the morning was very good and welcome.

Location was alright, it was close to the red light district and train station but neither of these felt dangerous even at night. Also very close in the other direction to the lakefront, which was great for a walk or a jog.

Overall it was quite good, my employer paid - the rate seemed expensive to me for what was on offer but I don't know the going rates for Geneva so I can't say if it was good or bad value. All in all, the accommodation itself was perfectly alright, not great not awful, but the value of having a kitchen and apartment-type set-up was very positive for a lengthy business stay.

Room Tip: I had a room to the front, which looked out on to a small kind of square/park. Was nice and bright...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I spent few nights in this residence.
The place itself is fine, although not in the best areas of the city if you like roaming around after dark.
I had a studio on the rooftop, with a great view, but a steep ladder through which it is difficult to go if you have luggages. Furnishing was Ikea style, the room kept clean daily and equipped with all the basics for self catering.
There is no inbound restaurant to get breakfast in the morning, but many bars, fast food and restaurants all around in the area.
The location is close to Cornavin (you might anyway get a taxi if travelling with lot of luggages), tram and bus stops, supermarkets, shopping malls, lake, etc.
The staff at the reception was kind and they stop working at 6 pm.
As my stay has been arranged for me, I can not comment on the value for money, but for short stays it might be more comfortable to choose in a hotel located in the same area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Rmbdirection, Directeur at Adagio Geneve Mont Blanc, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear customer,
We are pleased to announce you that we started to renew some furniture in our studios.
Concerning the breakfast, we are also pleased that the fitness club, located on the floor up to the reception, has new morning schedules and it opens, from January 2012 at 7:00 a.m. This new could give to our customers the opportunity to have breakfast early in the morning if they wish it.
Regarding our schedules, we started to be opened 24h/24h to improve our services as well as the welcoming of our guests.
We hope that your stay in Geneva was pleasant for you and we will be pleased to welcome you again in our residence giving you the possibility to enjoy a future stay for which you are entitled to expect from our establishment.
Best regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have been staying there for over 7 months so I've had lots of feedback.

1. In January they had ridiculously expensive WiFi but it's now free so that was certainly welcome

2. The cleaners are not that thorough and have made several mistakes during my stay including taking my second room key several times; removing my personal belongings from my room and placing in my neighbour's room; removing bed clothes and not replacing; removing tablecloths, cutlery and not replacing.

3. I used to be given new sponges and washing up liquid but after 3 months this stopped. When I enquired why this was the case I was told that they only provide this for 1 week. This makes no sense at all as the cost is minimal for these 2 items and instead, the cleaner washes up my dirty dishes which seems a more expensive option. They still, however, generally give me new toiletries.

4. The air-conditioning is not great but I think this is a generic Swiss problem based on building regulations.

5. Smoking is allowed in any room so my room can often smell of smoke which is unpleasant to say the least.

6. The insulation is quite poor and I can often hear my neighbours' conversations and TV

7. My fridge has a leak. I reported it 3 times but it does not work correctly.

8. The staff are always polite and friendly

9. The breakfast provided for free on Mondays is simply croissants and drinks. They do provide fruit but it goes stale within 1 day. That does not stop them displaying it in the foyer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Customer,
Thank you for having taken time to share with us your comments concerning our residence. We are sorry to learn that your stay was not as high as your expectations
I would like to apologize to you in the name of the residence and its staff for your unsatisfactory stay.
Regarding the cleaners, we are pleased to inform you that we started to improve the training of our maids in the way to avoid some mistakes being reproduced again as you told us, we are doing the necessary to improve the services for our guests.
We are also pleased to announce you that we preceded, during November 2011, to a general revision and maintenance of the air-conditioning. We are organising a separation by floor for studios smokers and non-smokers and also trying to find a solution which could improve the insulation in the studios.
We have new ideas to improve the quality of the breakfast as: diversify our croissants and similar products, propose salty products as well as fresh fruit.
We again apologize to you and we will be pleased to welcome you again in our residence giving you the possibility to enjoy a future stay for which you are entitled to expect from our establishment.
Best Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Any request we have made have been met with a smile and with friendly efficiency. Pleasant accommodation and helpful staff. Home away from home !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Adagio Geneve Mont Blanc? Share your experiences!