I have spent more that 1 year in Geneva for work. I was looking for a place that would be clean, convenient, functional and that I would not get visually bored of.That's exactly what I found at the Starling.
Starling residence is a residence hotel located within walking distance of downtown Geneva. If you feel lazy, you can still take the Tram that stops right in front of the residence and takes you to the center very quickly. You will be given a free pass to use public transportation when you check-in. Many of the best restaurants of Geneva are close to the hotel (Le Bistroquet(best beef tartare!), L'Olivier de Provence, le Vieux Carouge (best fondues!), la Maison Rouge, etc)
Rooms are very functional. I stayed in one of the "Superior Room" (might be called slightly differently), which is made of :
- A small kitchen
- A bathroom with a shower
- An office corner with a desk and a chair
- A living room with couch, table and 30'' TV (there are HDMI plugs if you want to plug your laptop)
- A bedroom with a kit size bed that is very comfortable (The hotel has many types of pillows if you have specific requirements)
If you can, ask for one of the highest floors as you will have a nice view on the mountains when you wake up.
The very top floor holds a few exclusive rooms that are slightly more expensive, but you will get a Terrace and a nice view as well. Definitely a good pick if you come between May and September!
In Summary, great place to stay in!
The only thing I want to point out as a necessary improvement is the Wifi connection. The hotel has a free Wifi connection for its customers which works great in general, but there is a bandwidth issue (slowness) which can become annoying at rush hours (i.e from to 5pm to 11pm).
The residence also provides dry cleaning services which is very convenient when you plan on staying for a while.
For 1 year, I have seen a staff team that was always keen on satisfying my needs. I want to thank Quentin, Pauline, and Amanda that were particularly thoughtful. Many thanks also to Mr Rey that manages the place with boundless enthusiasm.
Don't hesitate, choose the Starling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business or leisure, enjoy a quiet and peaceful stay at one of the 89 apartments of Residence Starling Geneva. Our residence is located in the heart of Geneva close to the Plainpalais, University of Geneva and the Geneva Stadium.Easily accessible by tram (line 15), you will find all the facilities using this central location!A number of restaurants and bars are within walking distance.Brand new, you will find all the elements necessary for a comfortable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Starling Residence Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.