This is a pleasant business hotel, largely updated to modern standards (although some parts reveal its Sixties origins). I stayed there for a conference.
- generally modern comfortable rooms
- conveniently between airport and town
- pleasant bar with nice food
- nice views from the higher rooms (although I faced France rather than the lake)
- good level of service
- big heated pool
- wifi works well
Not so good:
- expensive (welcome to Switzerland)
- rooms and particularly bathrooms are small, and some bathrooms a bit dated
- can be noisy, between external road noise, noises if you are near the lifts and elderly aircon. I asked to be moved away from the lifts, and went from the 5th to the 16th floor where I slept much better. But the staff were very good about moving me.
- quite far from town (taxi to the old town was a whopping 35 francs)
I was horrified (on behalf of my employer) at the 40 franc+ breakfast and went to café in the shopping centre round the back - recommended if your breakfast needs don't go much beyond coffee and fresh orange juice.
All in all I'd recommend it - I wouldn't have my honeymoon there but it is a decent place to stay on a business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel, newly redesigned by famous New York architect Chi provides amazing views of the Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It is a 3-minute walk from the Botanic Garden, United Nations and International Centre of Congress CICG and within a 5-minute drive from Palexpo Exhibition Centre and Luxury Shopping area. Cointrin Airport is 2 miles away, and Cornavin Train Station is 1.5 miles from the InterContinental. Guests receive free access to public transport to Geneva during their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve