I stayed one night with my family at the Intercontinental in Geneva before taking my flight back to the US. After a 3 weeks tour around the French alps and the South of France, our stay in that hotel was the best we could expect for the end of our vacation. Switzerland has a reputation for its excellence in service particularly in the hotel industry. Once again, this one hotel night showed that is true. Excellent service at the door, at check-in, at the pool and at the restaurant. That is true that excellence has a price particularly when it comes to invoices in Swiss Francs, but it it true also that other "palaces" in Europe do not come close to what is offered at the Intercontinental. However, we have to acknowledge that the rear view of the hotel is nothing comparable with the view on the lake. So, if you have the option, ask for the lake view.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Geneva is a stately, 18-storey tower in the centre of the diplomatic district. Surrounded by parkland, with Lake Geneva and the Alps visible in the distance, the hotel is close to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum and the United Nations Office. Old Town, the Ariana Museum and the Botanical Gardens are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.