“AMAZING!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Geneva
London
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for my 30th birthday weekend away in Geneva and all I will say is that it massively exceeded my expectations. The staff are exceptional and go out of their way to help you. I couldn't thank them enough for making our stay so enjoyable. Also, I personally think this hotel is in the best location (directly opposite the jet and directly on the lake, a very short walk away from the city center and other hot spots). I will definitely be returning!! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HoteldelaPaix1211, Directeur général at Hotel De La Paix, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review!
We are very delighted that you have enjoyed your birthday weekend with us in Geneva!
Your pleasant comment was shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you again on another occasion.

Warmest regards,

Hélène Lang-Lauper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First of all, a guy who welcomed us knew Russian with a good pronunciation. We got a glass of hot wine as a compliment and it was very tasty.. And the final one was our great room on the 4th floor with an incredible view of Lake Geneva..
We’ve been living there for 3 days and that was unforgettable.. Polite staff, amazing views, great rooms..
Highly recommended for staying…

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Lovely rooms with the best views of Lake Geneva and fantastically comfortable beds. I wanted to empty my suitcase and steal the pillows! The service is brilliant - highly efficient but personalized too - especially from the concierge who not only let me leave my suitcases well before our check-in date, but also recommended a great hairdresser (MG Studio, if you need one). I also loved the old-fashioned lift and the stone staircase that wraps around it and I don't know whether they change the fragrances seasonally, but the whole hotel smelled of Christmas spices. Lovely!
The main restaurant - Vertigo - was closed when we were there, I think for the next stage of the renovations and I am sure that they will soon renovate the breakfast area (Rive Gauche) which does look rather dated compared to the comfortable stylishness of the rest of the hotel. The bar is a great place to relax after a hard day's shopping, but it's a bit too fiercely heated to tempt you to loiter for too long.
My only real complaint is that the Fitness Centre is very small and the choice of machines limited, so little impact was made on the results of festive (over-)indulgence!

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies (such as 110) have the BEST views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HoteldelaPaix1211, Directeur général at Hotel De La Paix, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about your stay at the Hôtel de la Paix.

We are pleased to read your good comments and happy that you were satisfied with our services (and the pillows!)

You are right about the seasonal fragrances! Our goal is to make our guests feel comfortable in any moment of the year and Christmas is a special moment, thus the light scent to make your holidays even more magical.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Warmest regards,

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

nice renovation and very helpful service but concorde brand hotel are still not giving reward points or upgrade.
Very nice room but price are exaggerating.
happily lake view is one of the best of geneva and location is excellent

Room Tip: room lake view with balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I regularly stay in this hotel and I increasingly like it. The service remains excellent and personalised. The reception is efficient and friendly. Most of the rooms are roomy and very well appointed. The bar is cosy and the restaurant really good. Wifi internet is complementary. I was a bit disappointed by the new breakfast room, but the quality is good. Try to get a room with a view on the lake. it is amazing.

Room Tip: I am not sure that all rooms have been renovated by now. Make sure that you get a renovated room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I reviewed this hotel a year ago: it made such a positive impression both because of facilities and staff, that contrary to my usual approach I decided to share my opinion after the very first stay already. But then I wanted to get back to the place on my next visits to Geneva. For several e-mail contact attempts, from different accounts, I had no response at all. Might be that hotel is full now and they could not care less for prospect clients but I do not like such “get lost” approach. My own lesson: never make the opinion after the first stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HoteldelaPaix1211, Directeur général at Hotel De La Paix, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are sorry to hear that your request has not been processed. Every email is important to us and we strive to answer each one of them within 12 hours.
It is not in our habits to ignore requests from clients. The respect of customers is our priority and we take such matter seriously!

The email address for our reservation department in Hotel de la Paix GENEVA is hoteldelapaix.reservations@concorde-hotels.com or rducrest@concorde-hotels.com
May we ask which email address you have used?
You can also book your stay with us on our website www.concorde-hotels.com/hoteldelapaix

You can contact me directly to discuss this issue.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hotel de la Paix.

Kind regards,

Helene Lang-Lauper
Whistler, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

One expects hotel prices in Geneva to be bloated, but then one hopes to get some value. For the amount of money that I paid for my lakeview room here, I don't feel I got it.
The room was spacious enough, but just not especially nice. The floor structure was wood, possibly the original wood from when the hotel was first built, so that it creaked in several areas. Conscious that I might bother the guest below, I had to make a conscious effort to step very softly. But the guest above me was not as thoughtful, so I constantly heard footfalls and creaking joists from above.
The selection of TV channels was extremely limited, just a few financial-news stations, no Discovery, no History, no MTV, no HBO or comparable, no major US networks.
The bathroom was updated and modern, but the shower door was badly assembled, and no matter how careful I was, it leaked. The soap tray in the shower was visibly rusty.
The air conditioning and heating system was of the kind found in many lesser, older, hotels, i.e., you cannot choose to cool or heat your room individually, and if the main building system is off (as it was during my mid October stay), then you simply have neither cooling nor heating. Since Geneva was unseasonably warm, my room was stifling. But when I opened the window, all the street noise (this is a very busy road at all hours) came in. For what they charge, this hotel should have updated its AC system long ago.
The breakfast was standard-issue Swiss buffet - nothing to fault, but nothing very exciting. The venue (their Michelin-starred restaurant at night) was dark and gloomy. I have no objection to paying over 30 SwFr for a hotel breakfast, but, again, this hotel didn't deliver a product that merited the price.
The bottom line is that for someone wanting to spend what the de la Paix charges, there may be better choices in Geneva.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HoteldelaPaix1211, Directeur général at Hotel De La Paix, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your feedback.

In my position of General Manager I feel very concerned about the experience of our guests and I am sorry to read that you didn't like our hotel style and that your last stay didn't meet your expectations.

With pleasure I stay at your disposal should you nevertheless give us another opportunity to please you.

Kind regards,

Hélène Lang-Lauper

Been to Hotel De La Paix? Share your experiences!