“not reward program” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 105 hotels in Geneva
Brussels, Belgium
“not reward program”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

nice renovation and very helpful service but concorde brand hotel are still not giving reward points or upgrade.
Very nice room but price are exaggerating.
happily lake view is one of the best of geneva and location is excellent

Room Tip: room lake view with balcony

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I regularly stay in this hotel and I increasingly like it. The service remains excellent and personalised. The reception is efficient and friendly. Most of the rooms are roomy and very well appointed. The bar is cosy and the restaurant really good. Wifi internet is complementary. I was a bit disappointed by the new breakfast room, but the quality is good. Try to get a room with a view on the lake. it is amazing.

Room Tip: I am not sure that all rooms have been renovated by now. Make sure that you get a renovated room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I reviewed this hotel a year ago: it made such a positive impression both because of facilities and staff, that contrary to my usual approach I decided to share my opinion after the very first stay already. But then I wanted to get back to the place on my next visits to Geneva. For several e-mail contact attempts, from different accounts, I had no response at all. Might be that hotel is full now and they could not care less for prospect clients but I do not like such “get lost” approach. My own lesson: never make the opinion after the first stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HoteldelaPaix1211, Directeur général at Hotel De La Paix, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are sorry to hear that your request has not been processed. Every email is important to us and we strive to answer each one of them within 12 hours.
It is not in our habits to ignore requests from clients. The respect of customers is our priority and we take such matter seriously!

The email address for our reservation department in Hotel de la Paix GENEVA is hoteldelapaix.reservations@concorde-hotels.com or rducrest@concorde-hotels.com
May we ask which email address you have used?
You can also book your stay with us on our website www.concorde-hotels.com/hoteldelapaix

You can contact me directly to discuss this issue.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hotel de la Paix.

Kind regards,

Helene Lang-Lauper
Whistler, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

One expects hotel prices in Geneva to be bloated, but then one hopes to get some value. For the amount of money that I paid for my lakeview room here, I don't feel I got it.
The room was spacious enough, but just not especially nice. The floor structure was wood, possibly the original wood from when the hotel was first built, so that it creaked in several areas. Conscious that I might bother the guest below, I had to make a conscious effort to step very softly. But the guest above me was not as thoughtful, so I constantly heard footfalls and creaking joists from above.
The selection of TV channels was extremely limited, just a few financial-news stations, no Discovery, no History, no MTV, no HBO or comparable, no major US networks.
The bathroom was updated and modern, but the shower door was badly assembled, and no matter how careful I was, it leaked. The soap tray in the shower was visibly rusty.
The air conditioning and heating system was of the kind found in many lesser, older, hotels, i.e., you cannot choose to cool or heat your room individually, and if the main building system is off (as it was during my mid October stay), then you simply have neither cooling nor heating. Since Geneva was unseasonably warm, my room was stifling. But when I opened the window, all the street noise (this is a very busy road at all hours) came in. For what they charge, this hotel should have updated its AC system long ago.
The breakfast was standard-issue Swiss buffet - nothing to fault, but nothing very exciting. The venue (their Michelin-starred restaurant at night) was dark and gloomy. I have no objection to paying over 30 SwFr for a hotel breakfast, but, again, this hotel didn't deliver a product that merited the price.
The bottom line is that for someone wanting to spend what the de la Paix charges, there may be better choices in Geneva.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HoteldelaPaix1211, Directeur général at Hotel De La Paix, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your feedback.

In my position of General Manager I feel very concerned about the experience of our guests and I am sorry to read that you didn't like our hotel style and that your last stay didn't meet your expectations.

With pleasure I stay at your disposal should you nevertheless give us another opportunity to please you.

Kind regards,

Hélène Lang-Lauper
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel De La Paix is a true boutique hotel. I learned while there that it is the oldest hotel in Geneva. Our Junior Suite was on the 4th floor facing Lake Geneva. French doors led to a balcony which provided spectacular views of the annual festival grand finale' fireworks. I had heard that Geneva's annual festival fireworks are one of the top three displays in the world. I don't know what #1 & 2 are, but this hour long continuous display sinc'd to music was 'bring you to your knees" breath taking. Side note...the balconies are tiny...the depth of a chair so it's a tight squeeze. Our suite's bathroom was lovely with a huge soaking tub. I don't typically take baths in hotels because I'm a germ-a-phobe but I took two while staying at Del La Paix. The bath was spotless. The in-room Nepresso was perfect for this coffe snob! The espresso pods offered light, medium and dark espresso as well as hot chocolate and tea. Although our room wasn't overly high priced...avg. nightly of $180 for peak festival weekend, the hotel Nobel bar and restaurant is outrageously high priced. The attention and service here are the best but you pay $20 for a beer...lol. Room service fries...$20! The top rated Vertig O restaurant was closed during August which was a huge disappointment. I've heard it's a must even though you'll shell out the big bucks. Would absolutely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: There are only 6 floors. Ask for 4 th floor or higher to see past the boulevard trees for lake view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
HCMC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

On walking (15 minutes) distance form the station. You are received as it should be, get free wifi and adapter without paying € 25. They gave a large room with lake view with Nespresso and thee making facility. Breakfast was organized as it should be, excellent thee, espresso and service.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

When one enters the lobby of the Hotel de la Paix, an 1880s structure overlooking the lake, the sight is impressive: a six-story high lobby with a grand staircase and a giant chandelier. Too bad one had to shlep his heavy luggage up six steps to get to the lobby because it is not level with the street, and there is neither a ramp nor doorman to eliminate the need for such a carry.

So it is with the de la Paix, a quirky old building. I found most of the quirks charming, but there were a few irritating aspects. Take my room -- one of the less expensive ones at the back of the hotel. Nevertheless, it has a pleasant view of a park. The room itself is reminiscent of the type well-heeled Americans frequent in Europe in movie comedies: high ceilings, dark furnishings, a chandelier over the bed, and tapestries on the wall. The room is comfortable, tasteful, and perhaps the quietest I've ever had in a hotel in an urban center. Yet there is no chest and no drawers in which one can hang clothes -- only a shelf in a small closet, and that shelf is dominated by the room safe. Rooms are well-configured for working, and wi-fi is free and reliable.

The hotel staff was a big plus: accommodating, helpful, and much friendlier than usual for Geneva. I've stayed in nine different properties in Geneva over the years; this was the first one where staff members would regularly greet me when I entered. That's not unusual in a top American hotel, but in Geneva such treatment is usually reserved for much bigger spenders than me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HoteldelaPaix1211, Directeur général at Hotel De La Paix, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to read that you appreciated your stay with us and regret that the doorman just wasn’t there at the time of your arrival to help you with your luggage.
Be assured that customer service is our highest priority!

Warmest regards,

Hélène Lang-Lauper

Been to Hotel De La Paix? Share your experiences!