“Best surf and turf ever” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Best surf and turf ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I dined at Casanova on what must have been a very quiet day for restaurants. It was only myself and my family dining there, so service was impeccable as you would imagine. I opted for the escargot and the beef filet. Both were superb.

Visited April 2012

Montreal
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Food was fine, though it seemed to be more of a tourist-type menu. Service was friendly. Price was high (by Canadian standards) though that might just reflect the norms for Geneva. The waiter's reminder that the tip was not included seemed a little curious since now that I check some websites on the topic it seems that tipping is not the norm here. While we were grateful to get a decent meal late at night, I think I would look around for alternatives if we had had the time.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lisbon, Portugal
“How to ruin a restaurant with three words...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Casanova's location is one of the best in Geneva: on the front row, by Lake Leman, just a few meters away from luxurious Hotel de La Paix.
A warm welcome from the servants, nice athmosphere on this supposed 'Italian cuisine' restaurant, although bad taste paintings on the walls.
We were given a front row table, just overlooking the lakeshore.
It was late in the evenning, and we were the last costumers checking in.
Because we were longing for a cheese fondue and a 'charbonade', we were asked to move to a different location, because of the exhaustion system.
When the ordered food arrived, along with the sauces, there was only one costumer, asking for his bill.
I inocently decided to put some garlic on my steak beeing done in the charbonade.
Big mistake!: the manager came running and rudely ordered me not to do that.
I asked why, and he shouted again, even louder, in English:
- NO GARLIC, NO GARLIC!!! Smoke!
I told him:
- But we are the only ones here...
He turned his back on us, and mumbered in his native language (which, par hazard, happens to be be same as mine):
- Go, F*** yourself !!!
I was astonished, and demanded another servant to call him back.
5 minutes later, I was informed that he had left the restaurant.
I asked for the Complaints Book, but learned that there is no such thing in Switzerland...
That's how a pleasant evenning went wrong because of a manager's stupidity...
What a shame!

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Excellent Service & Location to Enjoy a Nightcap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

After several disappointing restaurant experiences in Geneva, we stumbled onto this restaurant and our server was outstanding. Morgan Le Bec provided us with superb service - he treated as if he welcomed us to his own home, a gem of a host! We only enjoyed a few cocktails so we cannot comment on the culinary experience.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prague, Czech Republic
“Although not top quality, is one of the best in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

It's an Italian restaurant, they have good lasagne and pasta. A bit overpriced, but like everything in this area (Geneva). Cheaper if you go in the morning and take the "daily dish". The service is quite quick, although not always paying attention to details. Toilets are clean. Nice internal hall, and good desserts. Good for small families.

• Visited July 2011