“Maybe as a last resort” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Rue Pradier, Geneva CH-1201, Switzerland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Geneva
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Maybe as a last resort”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am currently staying at the hotel. The rooms are small, with outdated furniture, very bad lighting, which is essential to me, since I have to read a lot. There is no duvet, just a linen with a blanket...but clean towels though. The breakfast is not impressive, no choice. The good things though the front desk guy was very friendly, the people serving at the breakfast are also very nice. The location is very convenient. So, I would probably try to check something else next time.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Stayed one night at the Strasbourg Hotel in Geneva, Beautiful and clean place. friendly staff and great location. The room maybe on the small side but it was clean and very adequate.
I would recommend the establishment to any visitor in Geneva.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

I stayed here on a Saturday and Sunday night. I was given a room that faced the back, which I would expect would be quiet, but was I wrong. About 2 AM I was woken by two men shouting and fighting in the parking lot out back. Since there is no fan or AC in the room, I had to have the window opened. Needless to say, I did not get muck sleep that night. Sunday was better, but the need for ventilation did result in a noisier experience. That said, the location is great, one block from the train station and trolley line, restaurants all around, and a short walk to the lake. The rooms were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you are travelling by train. It is about 2 blocks from the station heading towards the water. The hotel has the basics nothing fancy. Front desk staff was pleasant an helpful. Breakfast is a cold buffet. Would stay here again. You will get a transportation card for local transit which includes the water boats and lots of the trams run out of the train station.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

I would have to say that I probably would not stay at this hotel again, that being said it is very central, close to the train station and within walking distance to the lake which is nice. However, upon arrival we were given our room key which was on the 5th floor, room 508 I believe. When we arrived to our room we opened the door to find the room was completely disassembled. The bed frame was up against one wall the mattress against the other, the chair was upside-down on the small desk and there was a very strong citrus gas type odour. Both my husband and I thought the carpet was wet and maybe that was the reason for the furniture being off the floor, but the carpet was dry. My husband went to the front desk and told them about the room and they said they would send up house cleaning to put the room together. I figured while we were waiting we might as well start putting the bed back together. When we put the bed frame down there were 2 bed bugs on the side that was facing the wall. Needless to say we removed all of our belongings out of the room into the hallway and my husband went down to the front desk to tell them about this. Reception didn't apologize at all, but did say they had a dog coming in from the USA to stiff for bed bugs. We were given a new room which happened to be one of the newly renovated rooms, however when my husband returned with the good news the cleaning staff had arrived to the bed bug room, we showed him the bed bugs and then found another one also on the bed frame. As we left it appeared that they were going to clean the room then make it up for someone else to stay in that room. I can't say for sure if that is what happened but that is how it appeared as they were getting bed linens for the room. We did scan our new room with a fine tooth comb for bed bugs and we didn't find anything, not that is made us sleep any better. Besides the fact that it was stuffy and hot and the windows only opened a crack, the thought of bed bugs kept us awake most of the night.
I felt that they could have maybe comped us even half the price of the room or something, even an apology would have been nice. I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you don't have to, and if you do have to stay here, check for bed bugs.

Room Tip: Look for bed bugs
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

This hotel is in the process of completely renovating all their rooms. My first one night stay on my incoming journey was in one of the renovated rooms. Lovely. Everything looked like the decorators had just walked out before I walked in. My second one night stay on my outgoing journey was in one of the rooms that was not renovated. Still OK but smaller than the first and very hot and stuffy. No A/C in this hotel. As I was leaving my room to check out I saw that the room across from me had a room fan! I'm guessing that I would have had to ask for one but never thought about it. I suggested to the staff at the front desk that room fans should be placed in every room especially in the hot summer months. One could leave the window open except the street noise was very disruptive. Breakfast was included. That's as much as I can say about breakfast. The hotel is central which was handy for getting the train back and forth to the airport and good for a walking tour of Geneva if one is pressed for time. One really negative point: My travel companions (on our outgoing journey) were given a room that wasn't even made up, and while waiting for housekeeping staff to come, they discovered BED BUGS! Needless to say they did get another room. Ask me how much sleep the three of us got that night. One would have thought that the hotel would have offered up some compensation. Didn't happen.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night. Location is excellent, just a short walk from the train station and lake. Check in was fine and staff were courteous. Rooms are small, much smaller than nearby hotels of a similar rate. Decor is a bit drab, grey walls and black accents. Bathroom is nicely appointed. Wifi is very spotty, not good at all. One awkward point, however, is that this hotel requires you to keep the very large bulky keys with the front desk whenever you leave. I've never experienced this before and found it to be quite annoying. Not as annoying if I had to carry those things around, but at night I was at a nearby restaurant with friends, coming in and out of the hotel as needed, and I had to collect the keys each time ... the night staff were not pleased at all. How many times I come in or out of the hotel is irrelevant, I am a paying guest, I did not pay the hotel to determine when I can or cannot enter the hotel I'm paying to stay in. It left a sour taste in my mouth to say the least.

Breakfast in the morning was limited but did the job. Check out was prompt and courteous. Stayed in a different hotel the next night that thankfully utilises 21st century technology (i.e. an access card for the room, that you can put in your wallet). Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the main street. There is a loud nightclub nearby.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Strasbourg? Share your experiences!