We booked a room which cost £220.00 a night and had written confirmation of this.
When we arrived on 19 January 2013 and checked in at 5 minutes before midnight, we were told by a very rude duty manager that the hotel was fully booked due to Geneva airport claiming all the rooms for passengers on delayed flights. We were told that he would 'do us a favour' and have a room cleaned for us if we waited 30 to 40 minutes. We waited 1 and a half hours to get our room and finally got into the room at twenty minutes to two in the morning! We left the room 5 hours later to catch our flight.
In addition, we were given a single quilt on a double bed and we have photographs to prove it!
The duty manager was not helpful at all and was quite keen to let us know what a big favour he was doing us EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE HOTEL'S MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!
- Also Known As:
- Starling Geneva Hotel And Conference Center
- Starling Geneva Hotel Geneva
- Starling Geneva Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Geneva
- Geneva Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located to 3 minutes away from Geneva Airport and 10 minutes away from the city center and Lake Geneva, the Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center offers all the services of a four-star Superior hotel. Close to Palexpo exhibition center, Switzerland’s largest hotel welcomes its guests in a modern and warm frame. Comfortable limousines provide free quality transportation service from and to Geneva Airport every 15 minutes, from 5.10 am till 11.45 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.