Now don't get me wrong, Le Richemond is a nice hotel in a great location with excellent customer focus, however, I stayed there last night (Jan 13) and was somewhat underwhelmed and thought the place was looking decidedly shabby. For a start, the sofas and in the lobby and bar looked worn and tired and the look and the feel of the public areas had a whiff of the 80's about them. My room was one of the smallest I have experienced recently (10ftx10ft would be descibing in generously) and I found rips in the sheets on the bed (I should have complained but couldn't be bothered given my late check-in). I wondered down the the bar for a late dinner and ended up ordering a club sandwich which was virtually tastless and totally bland (now I know there is not much one can do to 'gourmet up' a club sandwich but, likewise, it must be quite difficult to produce a really bad one...). The saving grace of this establishment is, from what I exeperienced, the fantastic staff: from the doorman, through to check-in and bar staff, probably some of the most engaging, cheerful and efficient I have experienced recently (certainly in Switzerland). Overall, far from a bad hotel, but I've grown to expect more - particularly when being charged CHF 695 a night. From a chain that claims to be linked to the Dorchester (which is in a totally different league!) I would expect standards to be a little higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Richemond has a fascinating history and has hosted many distinguished guests since it opened in 1875 as Geneva’s palace and to this day this glamorous, five-star establishment welcomes guests ‘in-the-know’. Le Richemond personifies the refined sophistication of modern, contemporary luxury and provides guests with unrivaled comfort and panoramic views of Lake Geneva, Jet d’Eau, Mont Blanc, Saleve mountains and Old Town. The hotel is within walking distance to the centre of the financial district and key shopping areas such as Rue du Rhône and Rive in addition to the Patek Phillipe watch museum, art museums and all key central landmarks of Geneva. Each room and suite is individually decorated and many feature antiques and contemporary artworks, creating an elegant and fashionable air. Le Jardin offers modern and innovative Italian cuisine while Le Bar is the place to meet for creative cocktail concoctions and is the place to enjoy live entertainment from Tuesday to Saturday. Le Spa offers an urban day spa retreat and state-of-the-art TechnoGym fitness centre offers a discreet sanctuary within this vibrant city. Le Richemond joined the prestigious Dorchester Collection as of 1 August 2011 and looks forward to welcoming our guests to the legendary palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva