“Can't understand all the rave reviews...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Geneva
London, United Kingdom
“Can't understand all the rave reviews...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Now don't get me wrong, Le Richemond is a nice hotel in a great location with excellent customer focus, however, I stayed there last night (Jan 13) and was somewhat underwhelmed and thought the place was looking decidedly shabby. For a start, the sofas and in the lobby and bar looked worn and tired and the look and the feel of the public areas had a whiff of the 80's about them. My room was one of the smallest I have experienced recently (10ftx10ft would be descibing in generously) and I found rips in the sheets on the bed (I should have complained but couldn't be bothered given my late check-in). I wondered down the the bar for a late dinner and ended up ordering a club sandwich which was virtually tastless and totally bland (now I know there is not much one can do to 'gourmet up' a club sandwich but, likewise, it must be quite difficult to produce a really bad one...). The saving grace of this establishment is, from what I exeperienced, the fantastic staff: from the doorman, through to check-in and bar staff, probably some of the most engaging, cheerful and efficient I have experienced recently (certainly in Switzerland). Overall, far from a bad hotel, but I've grown to expect more - particularly when being charged CHF 695 a night. From a chain that claims to be linked to the Dorchester (which is in a totally different league!) I would expect standards to be a little higher.

Room Tip: The higher the better as the hotel is on the busy lake shore.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raymonde C, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Le Richemond.

Your feedback is the most valuable and I sincerely regret that your experience was less than perfect in regards of the room and the food. This certainly does not reflect the high standard in which we pride ourselves here.

Kindly please accept my sincerest apology.

I have discussed your concerns with the appropriate heads of department to avoid situations such as these mentioned from arising in the future; le Chef has reviewed the recipe of the club sandwich. I am confident that you will find Le Richemond has returned to its usual standards when you next visit us.

I am very grateful for your wonderful comments about our staff.

Furthermore, Dorchester Collection is in the process of integrating Le Richemond into their portfolio of luxury hotels and has started to renovate all our guest rooms, the public areas will be done early this year.

I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back and look forward to hearing from you.

Klaus Kabelitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I'm glad to say this is my second visit this year to this lovely hotel and things are most certainly on the up. We were fortunate enough to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms. The colour scheme is a very tasteful grey and cream, with the same stunning bathrooms (really as good as I have seen in any hotel). It is very reassuring to see that this beautiful hotel is beginning to get the makeover it so richly deserves. The views of the lake are unbeatable, unlike the other hotels it is at an angle to the lake which provides an interesting and unique perspective to the mountains and the gardens below with the little Hansel and Gretl cottage.
The service is impeccable, like all great service your wish is anticipated before you have said it, sometime before you have even thought of it. Finally the cocktail bar needs to be praised. The decor may be a little bright for some tastes, but the expertise of the staff is second to none. You may think that a vodka martini is simple to mix, think again, getting it right is an art and these guys have got it right to the point of perfection.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raymonde C, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I have taken some time to answer you back and would like to thank you warmly for your faithfulness and your valuable feedback regarding your second stay with us.

The team was quite happy to greet you back and anticipate your needs as usual for a perfect experience.

I am extremely grateful for the comments you had on the newly refurbished room you were allocated as we are now in the process of improving our rooms and we will start next year our public areas.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon again, I wish you a Happy New Year 2013.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been coming to the Richemond for many years and I always liked the hotel very much until some years ago the service really deteriorated. Now, renovated some time ago, but more importantly under the new management of the Dorchester group, the hotel is again one of the finest in Geneva. The service is very personalised and efficient. There is also again some pleasure in the communication and not anymore the dull formality. The spa is great, while the breakfast is top quality with an intelligent choice of very fresh dishes. In summer, the restaurant terrace on the square is always a great pleasure, especically for lunch.

Room Tip: I had the chance to have a room with terrace overlooking the lake. wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Raymonde C, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on your faithful stays at Le Richemond over the course of time.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, praising this legendary hotel ideally located on the shores of Lake Geneva and the tradition of service renewed.

I am glad that you enjoyed so much the communication with the team, whether at breakfast for tasting Swiss specialities or at Le Spa for an energizing or relaxing journey.

Hoping that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future to show you our guest room improvements, I wish you a Happy New Year .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Le Richemond is a very nice and relaxing hotel. The amenities are good and the service is top notch. I felt at home there and enjoyed every day of my stay. The cleanliness of the hotel was nice and keeping my room neat was a plus. The laundry/pressing service was quick and worth the cost. I would stay there again I'd provided the opportunity.

• Stayed November 2012
Raymonde C, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your warm comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed Le Richemond a legendary hotel, its unique location, the tradition of impeccable service and the welcoming amenities.

Your feedback is very important to us as well as your feeling to be at home.

I look forward to the pleasure of your return visit soon again and would be very pleased to hear from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just stayed two night in Geneva at the Richemond, fantastic hotel with the most wonderful staff- i cant wait to see the refurbishment that the Dorchester Collection has planned following the dreadful decor of RF hotels. Try it next time your in Geneva

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raymonde C, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 6, 2012

Fantastic review.

I would like to thank you very much for choosing Le Richemond for your business trip and your praise regarding your stay with us.

We are passionate about delivering the ultimate in guest service and taking this prestigious hotel into a new era with the improvements planned. At this time, we have already started with the guest rooms.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future and showing you the results of our improvements.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very nice rooms, service fantastic, large comfortable rooms. My only complaint is everything in the hotel is extremely expensive (room, room sevce, wifi)...I don't know how this hotel compares to others. I ordered an entree and water for dinner and the total was chf 90!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raymonde C, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us and your valuable feedback.

I note with great pleasure that you enjoyed the utmost comfort of our rooms, the impeccable service provided by a dedicated team.

I understand that you perceive our prices to be on the high side and would like to assure you that our pricing is constantly checked and revised in line with that of our competitors here in Geneva and in fact Switzerland.

Furthermore we constantly strive to improve the quality of the product as well as our services and we are extremely grateful for any comments you might have on any particular aspect of your stay. Thank you so much for helping us to maintain and improve wherever possible the high levels of service our guests have come to expect from us.

I hope that you will stay again at Le Richemond on your next trip to Geneva and assure you of our best care and attention.

Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were a family of 7 and we stayed in 2 rooms and a suite for 3 days, all 3 rooms had lovely views onto Lake Geneva and little park. A very pricey hotel, but it's the little things that make a difference and we wanted our vacation to be memorable. The staff were all so courteous and helpful; from giving us directions to buying us tour bus tickets. We especially liked lunch in the lobby bar, their french fries are to die for! The food in general was excellent. When we were too tired (and cold) to go out for dinner, we had room service, it was a feast!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Raymonde C, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you with your family at Le Richemond for a memorable stay.

And memorable it was when I read your comments about the perfect situation of the hotel with a view of Lake Geneva and quiet Brunswick Garden, the exciting dining experiences either at restaurant Le Jardin or the Room Service and on top of that, the team attentive to details.

Thank you very much, dear Guest, for choosing Le Richemond for your holidays and for your praise.

I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Klaus Kabelitz

Been to Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!