I'm glad to say this is my second visit this year to this lovely hotel and things are most certainly on the up. We were fortunate enough to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms. The colour scheme is a very tasteful grey and cream, with the same stunning bathrooms (really as good as I have seen in any hotel). It is very reassuring to see that this beautiful hotel is beginning to get the makeover it so richly deserves. The views of the lake are unbeatable, unlike the other hotels it is at an angle to the lake which provides an interesting and unique perspective to the mountains and the gardens below with the little Hansel and Gretl cottage.
The service is impeccable, like all great service your wish is anticipated before you have said it, sometime before you have even thought of it. Finally the cocktail bar needs to be praised. The decor may be a little bright for some tastes, but the expertise of the staff is second to none. You may think that a vodka martini is simple to mix, think again, getting it right is an art and these guys have got it right to the point of perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Richemond has a fascinating history and has hosted many distinguished guests since it opened in 1875 as Geneva’s palace and to this day this glamorous, five-star establishment welcomes guests ‘in-the-know’. Le Richemond personifies the refined sophistication of modern, contemporary luxury and provides guests with unrivaled comfort and panoramic views of Lake Geneva, Jet d’Eau, Mont Blanc, Saleve mountains and Old Town. The hotel is within walking distance to the centre of the financial district and key shopping areas such as Rue du Rhône and Rive in addition to the Patek Phillipe watch museum, art museums and all key central landmarks of Geneva. Each room and suite is individually decorated and many feature antiques and contemporary artworks, creating an elegant and fashionable air. Le Jardin offers modern and innovative Italian cuisine while Le Bar is the place to meet for creative cocktail concoctions and is the place to enjoy live entertainment from Tuesday to Saturday. Le Spa offers an urban day spa retreat and state-of-the-art TechnoGym fitness centre offers a discreet sanctuary within this vibrant city. Le Richemond joined the prestigious Dorchester Collection as of 1 August 2011 and looks forward to welcoming our guests to the legendary palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva