“The Most Expensive Breakfast in Geneva?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Geneva

You added Mandarin Oriental, Geneva to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Geneva
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Quai Turrettini 1 | Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, Geneva 1201, Switzerland   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #2 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“The Most Expensive Breakfast in Geneva?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This a lovely hotel. Very comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful and charming. BUT 50 Swiss francs for a coffee and toast for breakfast?! Calvin and the Protestant Fathers must be revolving in their coffins at my spending this on breakfast but honestly it was only coffee and bread...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in a few hotels in Geneva and as you may know it's not a cheap city. But we keep returning to the Mandarin Oriental. The service is outstanding and the quality of the hotel fantastic. Location is ideal. Very easy to walk to from the train station. Breakfast was very good. The terrace is the best place for breakfast. All staff were very helpful and when anything was not as expected they were quick to rectify. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for. We will be returning next year.

Stayed March 2015
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear BuuBuu16,

My team and I would like to sincerely thank you for having taken the time to share with us your kind feedback following your last visit. We are delighted to be your preferred hotel in Geneva and to provide the best experience for you. It is a pleasure to read that you particularly enjoyed our hotel's ideal location, quality of service, breakfast, and our friendly and helpful colleagues.
We already look forward to welcoming you back soon to Mandarin Oriental, Geneva.

With kind regards,

Izmir, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed in one bedroom suite facing the river. Rooms in this hotel have recently been docoreted but not with a great taste and set up. There are two bathrooms facing each other. In one bathroom there is a WC and shower and the other facing bathroom there is a bidet and a bath four meters apart. So once you finnished using WC you have to walk to facing next bathroom in order to use the bidet. There are sinks in both bathroom but sink counters are so small you can not put even a small shaving or make up bag on the counters. Very funny and quite inconvinient set up.

I do not believe that housekkeping is doing a fine job either. I found two pieces of garment in my room which was left behind by a former guest. Reported the garments to the reception while checking out, but lady just acted as it was normal to find stuff in the room left by prior occupying guest. Not even an appology.

Checking out also took about 20 minutes just to correct a minor error.

Reception,bar,restaurants and other common areas desperately needs to go refurbushing also.

Still a Nice hotel but not enough.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear MSUNI,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your precise feedback with us. We are sincerely sorry that your experience of our suite, which was renovated in 2013 by famous French designer Sybille de Margerie, was not up to your expectations, that you found its bathroom settings to be inconvenient and that our Housekeeping and Front Office services were disappointing. I have personally followed-up with our teams so that these issues, which are definitely not part of our usual luxury standards, do not happen again in the future. I would like to thank you for having highlighted them as it helps us improve on our services.
We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future.

With best regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My second visit to the Mandarin Oriental, Geneva - and thankfully for a longer stay than my first. I love this hotel and I have never stayed in a hotel before or since that can match it. The service is excellent - I do believe that anything I could possibly have required would have been provided for me. Every member of the hotel team is friendly and polite, and all those I dealt with, from Front desk to concierge, remembered my name on subsequent visits, which is a fantastic extra touch considering the footfall the hotel receives. The room was immaculately clean, fresh and pleasantly decorated. The in-room entertainment is currently receiving a re-fresh with new tv's which was good to notice as this was the only slight aspect of the room I felt let it down, but on my next visit it sounds like I will have nothing to be negative about. (I should note I was travelling on business, so the hotel choice was important for a good nights sleep)

Mr Wagner, the General Manager, and his team in MO Geneva can be very proud of the establishment they are running - it is the definition of a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: If the option presents itself to have a river view room it is worth it! No need to avoid the lifts r...
Dear PJMoore_Glasgow,

We are so grateful for your amazing feedback and it is a pleasure to read that, once again, you loved your stay with us. Everyone in our teams were delighted to welcome you back and to provide their best personalized service from the heart. We are very pleased to read that, once our new in-room entertainment and TV systems are fully in place, our hotel and its facilities will be top notch. We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next stay in charming Geneva and to offer you an even more luxurious experience.

With kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

Wonderful location, pleasant staff, lovely room with a bed that I'd be happy to stay in all day, this hotel is the epitome of luxury and comfort. We were in Geneva on business. It was wonderful to have such a lovely nest to return to at the end of each busy day. The staff remembered our preferences from previous visits and made us feel welcome and at home.
I enjoyed the fitness center, particularly the high-tech treadmills that actually let me walk through my home town, (San Francisco), catch up on the latest news or check out my Facebook page while burning calories and gearing up for the day ahead.
Breakfast was amazing with a great selection of fresh fruits, gluten-free options and perfect omelets on request. For me, the only thing missing is a night light in the lovely, luxurious bathroom – I problem I remedied on this stay by bringing one from home.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Francesca P,
What a wonderful feedback, thank you so much for having shared it with us! We were very happy to welcome you back in charming Geneva and make you feel "at home" in a most comfortable atmosphere after your busy days. It is a great pleasure to read that you loved your room and the comfort of its bed, our TechnoGym fitness equipment which we very recently installed, and our breakfast offerings. We have taken note of your suggestion for a night light in our bathrooms, thank you for pointing this out. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home" soon.
Kind regards,
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I have stayed at Mandarin Oriental for several months now. The service is always exceptional and person oriented.
The team does a great job to fulfill every wish you may have.
The rooms are always clean and maintained at a very high standard.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Dear 211pj100,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback following this additional stay with us. Our team and I are delighted to read that you love our exceptional service, as well as the decoration and facilities of our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,
Franschhoek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

we love this hotel but had almost given up on staying at it because of its insistence in the past to charge for internet access.
They have fortunately seen the light and excellent internet is now available as part of the room charge. This is excellent news as I had taken the decision to no longer stay at properties that charge for internet, and this was on of our favourite places. Great room, entrance area with a Nespresso machine and wonderful lounge. Excellent staff too. In a city of great hotels this is up there with the best.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Bigplatcool,
Many thanks for having taken the time to share with us again your kind feedback following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva. We were very happy to welcome you back and we appreciate to know that your decision to return was influenced by the fact that internet access was included in your room rate. All Mandarin Oriental hotels now offer complimentary internet connection for all guests booking their stay on our official website and creating their online profile. In Geneva, our internet connection is one of the fastest in town (200Mbit), with a capacity of up to 6 devices per hotel room. Additionally, we provide 4 complimentary terminals in our lobby for anyone’s access.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms and their facilities, and we are honored to be considered among your top choice of hotels in town.
Best regards,
Mandarin Oriental, Geneva

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Geneva? Share your experiences!