I stayed with my mom at this hotel as part of her 75th birthday. From the moment we arrived, we were treated graciously and professionally. Nathalie at the front desk was exceptionally friendly when we checked in and made sure to look after us since we both have health problems. I was impressed by the attitude of the service. No matter what we asked for (and we are high maintenance travellers), their immediate response was "we"ll find a way."
Our room with 2 single beds was very spacious, but for the life of me, I cannot understand was so few European hotels have 2 double beds (at least the ones that are spacious enough to accommodate 2 doubles). One thing that was surprising was the hotel's lack of pool or spa. They have a massage treatment room, but they bring in someone externally. This is the first 5 star hotel I've stayed at without a spa, which would have been nice on a Sunday when there is nothing else to do in the city.
The only person that did not meet our expectations was the day manager. I booked the hotel very last minute, and explained that it was my mother's 75th brithday. When we checked in, the front desk staff indicated that the river facing rooms were all sold out because of an event. But that they would try to move us to a river room the following day. When I went down Saturday morning to check about this, the front desk staff said that this should be possible, but that he had to check with his manager. She came out of the backroom and was the only person we spoke to who was curt, impolite and unprofessional. She immediately said there were no rooms available, despite finding out later on that we were one of the only ones in the hotel Saturday night since Geneva basically shuts down on Sundays. Despite her lack of professionalism, we still very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel.
Big thank you to Damien, Claudio and Mattieu at the concierge desk who helped us with concert tickets and gave great restaurant suggestions.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Geneva Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Geneva Hotel Geneva
- Mandarin Oriental Geneva
- Mandarin Switzerland
- Mandarin Oriental Switzerland
- Geneva Mandarin Oriental
- Geneva Mandarin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A living example of Swiss hotel tradition at its very best, Mandarin Oriental du Rhône has a superb location on the River Rhône, sitting within the heart of Geneva's business, shopping and historic district. Unparalleled service and luxury make it the ideal choice for discerning business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.