“Impeccable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva

You added Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Quai des Bergues, Geneva 1201, Switzerland (Formerly Hotel des Bergues) (Saint-Gervais Les Bergues)   |
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
london
“Impeccable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

My wife and I had 'an issue' on our first night here. It was faultlessly handled. The staff were slick, respectful, sympathetic and generous. They could not have done more for us.
An impeccable hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

We visited for a very important event, one night only, at a very busy time of year and a time of great choas due to the threatended strike by British Airways.

The service and standards overall at this hotel are the best of any of the Four Seasons I have stayed at, we have stayed in eight so far.

As we were only at the hotel for one night. there was only one chance to impress and one chance to get things right - and they did!

I would rate the staff, front and back of house as fantastic. Superb professional and yet very personal service. Excellent decor and unique attention to detail that I have only ever found in a Four Seasons, no matter how hard I have tried with other hotels. Somehow the staff knew our names, and addressed us personally at every opportunity - even though we were one of many customers - I have only ever come across this before at the Sour Seasons Lisbon - perhaps there is a connection.

The Manager on duty was a superb ambassadour for the brand, and ensured that everything ran perfectly for our group.

The room was beautiful. housekeeping fantastic - I was so impressed to find that they had even taken the hairs out of my comb as part of the evening turn down service.

Every request was executed with finesse, and expectations were exceeded in pretty much every way.

All in all, top marks to the Four Seasons Geneva, I hope to return one day.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I just spent a weekend at the Four Seasons Geneva for his 30th birthday surprise celebration. To be honest, I was pretty hesitant to book the trip given the lofty room rate, but I decided the occasion was worth the splurge. Wow - we were not disappointed - the Four Seasons is worth every penny!! From the moment we booked, the concierge was extremely helpful on email with restaurant suggestions and menus etc. Once we arrived, we were in for one pleasant surprise after another - we were upgraded to a junior suite, our bag was left discretely in the room (without some guy following you with expectations of a tip), and Alene, the concierge sent a YUMMY birthday cake and great bottle of champagne up to the room!
I should also mention the quality of everything in the room was first class - the sheets, the towels, the bath products, everything is nothing but the best. Housekeeping did an excellent job - our toiletries in the bathroom were arranged in descending order!!!
We chose to dine at Il Lago, the hotel restaurant for the birthday dinner. Anytime you book, within minutes, there is a confirmation envelope sent up to your room with the booking time, and the location with a map (even if it is in the lobby!!!). Dinner was pricey (too pricey perhaps unless celebrating something special), but excellently presented and very tasty. There wasnt a single time when our water or champagne glasses were left unfilled. The courses came out at just the right times and the service was extremely polite and friendly. We got another absolutely delicious chocolate cake which we decided was way too big for us and after a slice each, we requested the restaurant to share it with their staff. They thanked us very graciously. Service at breakfast on both days was exemplary. Every single staff member was always smiling and we were addressed by name, every time they greeted us in person or on the phone. We consider ourselves quite well-traveled and I had always thought Asia is where you get service and European and American hotels have a lot to learn, but the Four Seasons Geneva proved me totally wrong - they have truly perfected service here. No request was too much, nothing was impossible. Really world class.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I enjoy 'lunch club' here with a good friend every month or so. We live in Geneva, so we don't stay in the hotel and as such this is really a rather biased review as it focussed just on the restaurant.

In my experience, the food is always marvellous. Presentation is excellent, attention to the composition of the dishes is obviously the product of an extraordinarily focussed chef and the Sommelier is always full of good words for the (mid) priced wines we tend to select. Of course, if you wish to push the boat out or are on Corporate whack, the sky is the limit and the cellar knows few bounds. Without doubt, it's a touch on the pricey side but it won't kill anyone. The executive lunch / taster menus are invariably a good option. Anyone who looks at the first dish and thinks 'well, that's not much'... I will gladly bet you can't finish your desert 6 'miniature' courses later...

There is NO doubt that the staff here are superb by Geneva standards. It's really not uncommon to get sullen, rude, disaffected, unattentive and uncaring service in Geneva... however, you'll be relieved to hear that Four Seasons are on top of their game (although it is JUST as difficult to get the bill here as anywhere else in Geneva i.e. damned near impossible unless you have fully digested your meal AND utilised the facilities to prove it!!!). To make it easier, it's probably nice to know that the staff here at Bergues are among the most glamorous employed by the Geneva hoteliers - I don't think I've ever seen such a roll call of model-looks, so the wait is generally a pleasant

What else is good to know? During the summer, the terrace is wonderful though sadly, the Genevoise have yet to master the rather obvious need for congestion control and traffic rolls past unhindered. It's no motorway though, so it's not a big problem. In winter the dining rooms are grandiose and well appointed.

Downsides? This hotel does not have a 'fun' bar, it's small, pokey and I think overtly dark. I wouldn't choose to go here for the surroundings or atmos, and I think it badly needs something to differentitate it from the Mandarin Oriental bar (right now it's identical in 'style'). Four Seasons should definitely gut this travesty and hit it up with a bit of modernity - otherwise it's a marvellous destination for dining out!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

Great stay over the week'end at the hotel! The staff is very friendly yet efficient and the amenities are great!

We had a great i,e also in the bar! The buffet for breakfast is great!

They really make the difference!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

I stayed at the Four Seasons last weekend with my husband for a relaxing minibreak. This beautifully restored old hotel is certainly one of the best city hotels in Europe. The location is the best possible in Geneva, you can walk everywhere.

There are always several doormen to help you, the limo service was punctual and convenient. The check-in was made in the room very efficiently and in the friendliest way by Dasha.

Oh, the room! It was so beautiful in sage and cream furnishings, thick curtains, lovely wall papers, everything had been thought to the tiniest detail. The enormous bed was the best ever, I slept nine hours like a baby. We had two French balconies with a side view to the lake/ the Rhone-river. There was a separate toilet (very good) and a nice bathroom with Aqua di Parma toiletries (very very good). The room was quite big, more like a junior suite.

The common areas are as beautiful as the room. There's a bar and the restaurant il Lago. We had dinner in the bar and brekfast in the restaurant. Make sure you have enough time to enjoy the excellent breakfast! The weather was like in the middle of the summer, so our favourite was the outdoor terrace, where we had lunch and drinks. The staff is excellent all over the hotel, but especially the personnel in the bar/restaurant. I'm so sorry, I don't remember your names any more, but many thanks to all of you!

I'd love to return to Geneva, if only to stay at the Four Seasons, it's perfection itself!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Poulton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

From the moment we arrived at the doorstep of the hotel we knew that we had made a good choice. The welcome from the doorman, through reception to the concierge down to the guy who delivered the luggage to the room was warm and sincere. They really wanted us to have a nice relaxing stay.Little expense has been spared on setting up this hotel and they have really thought through the service.
We sampled room service breakfast, tea in the longe area, drinks in the bar, a light meal in the bar and breakfast in the main dining room. I have no criticism of any aspect of the service or food.
The hotel is expensive but at the moment ( we are from the UK) so is Switzerland and so is Geneva. We found prices represented good value when compared with like products around the city. We spent four nights and had no problem occupying our days using the railways and the lake steamers.
The location of the hotel, right next to the River Rhone as it leaves Lake Geneva, would be difficult to beat for convenience. A very short walk to the station which is connected to the airport with a very frequent train service. We travelled by Eurostar to Paris and then onward by TGV, it took most of the day but was relaxing and of course - no airports!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva? Share your experiences!