“Unequalled service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva

You added Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Quai des Bergues, Geneva 1201, Switzerland (Formerly Hotel des Bergues) (Saint-Gervais Les Bergues)   |
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Geneva
Dublin, Ireland
“Unequalled service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks in May. The service was absolutely faultless. Certainly amongst the best that I have experienced anywhere in the world. The hotel is beautifully furnished and the rooms are very comfortable. Some rooms however, are smaller than others and you have to be careful about the type of room that you book. The room service was prompt and food was excellent. Wi-Fi was included - unlike some other mean supposedly five star establishments. While I was there, the hotel had no pool and the gym was tiny in a converted bedroom. I was told, however, (and shown photographs) that a large gym was being constructed together with a pool and was due to open in June 2013. Some points of criticism however. Breakfast is 55 CHF per person for buffet breakfast (a cold buffet). It is essential, therefore, to get a rate that has breakfast included. Also, I was quite surprised whenever presented with a bill for signature to find a slot for an optional service charge to be included. This is something that I would associate with establishments usually in the United States where the staff are underpaid and have to rely on tips for income. It is not something that I would associate with a Four Seasons Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure it is facing to the front or side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Clean hotel, perfect service, polite stuff, excellent restaurants, delicious food not far from the center ,you can go by foot 5-10 minutes social life around the hotel surrounded with cafeterias, watching the swans is beautiful also the fountain of Geneva what an excellent experience

Room Tip: Near the lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A classic hotel, in a great location. The staff were attentive, helpful and with excellent English! The lobby and restaurant (used for breakfast only on our visit) were great and the choice of food at breakfast extensive - all as would be expected from a hotel that presents a five-star image.
BUT - our room. Well, it was large, in some ways well-appointed, and the bed was comfortable. But I haven't seen a shower curtain in a hotel of this class for years; it's nice to have a full-sized bath, but why no separate shower installation? Oh, and the water refused to drain away - if I wanted a paddle, I'd have gone to the beach. The sound insulation in the room was poor too, for a hotel of this class, and the curtains didn't meet, so let in the light as well as the noise. And no in-room coffee-making was a surprise, when we had excellent coffee machines in cheaper hotels elsewhere.
Well, I mentioned all this as we were checking out and we were given a discount: the receptionists acknowledged that some rooms had not yet been upgraded and badly needed refurbishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished - and not facing the main road. But then be prepared to pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Janet C,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience with us.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding the rooms product, especially things that should have been working perfectly such as the curtains and the drain of your shower. The shower curtain is going to be eliminated in the very near future and we will ensure for your next stay that you prefer our newly refurbished bathrooms.

The Nespresso set up is available for all of our guests free of charge and we will duly note that you prefer this set up in your room upon arrival.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next stay with us. We very much would like to regain your trust in the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva.

José SIlva
Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Old World elegance in the perfect location, where the Rhone River meets Lake Geneva. Short walk to downtown and to the old quarter of the city. Excellent traffic management in front of the hotel. As with all my experiences at various Four Seasons hotels throughout the world, the staff is 100 percent professional, courteous, and efficient. This is the highest level of hotel staff anywhere - extremely professional. Wonderful cosmetics in the bathroom, outstanding TV and Internet service, elegant meeting rooms and facilities. The Four Seasons is not cheap, it is expensive but you get what you pay for. If you have any price sensitivity, you should stay somewhere else, because the cheapest item on the menu will set you back at least 40 CHF. A new gym and spa facility is about to open on the sixth floor, but with Lake Geneva right outside the front door, all you need to get in your daily exercise is a decent pair of shoes.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms have a stunning view of Montblanc and the iconic fountain.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear BobFV1,

Thank you very much for your lovely review at TripAdvisor. We give the utmost importance to our guests comments.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

José Silva
south africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I picked the Fourseasons hotel since it was supposed to be the best - considering the high prices they charge it should have been the best experience in Geneva, but to the contrary.
They were busy with hotel renovations during my stay (not that this should be my problem at any account - renovations should not impact me since I am still expected to pay a high premium rate for my stay). This caused hammering and noise in the hotel all all day long.
Being 5 months pregnant and having a cold I picked up while traveling I requested a late check out 7pm the eve (my flight was at 9pm). They agreed but at a half day rate - which I decided to do since I had such a long trip back to SA. My meetings finished in the morning and I was planning a sleep/rest in the afternoon before making my way back to SA - but of course - renovations continued with banging that continued all afternoon. I phoned reception to ask them to stop all the noise so I could rest (again - why should renovations be my problem??). They initially agreed. I had just fallen asleep when reception woke me telling me that they have to continue with the renovations while they will move me to another room. Imagine this - me in my pajamas, interrupted sleep and finally moved to another room at 3pm the afternoon. I was not happy. I tried to fall asleep again, but alas no luck. Eventually started to get ready for my trip back. Still exhausted and my view that the late check-out was actually in the end not worth it due to the interruptions. When I checked my bill when I got home the following afternoon I saw that I was actually charged a full rate for my extended stay. I have to date sent 3 emails to Geneva Fourseasons regarding queries on my statement and bill and they have not bothered to come back to me (2 weeks later). For such a premium, costly hotel - I am completely horrified. This is not the service I expect and paid for...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FSGeneva, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Pierre8,

We are concerned to learn that we were unable to meet the expectations of a comfortable accommodation and to offer you the quality of attention that Four Seasons is renowned for.

We would like to reiterate our sincere apologies for the nuisance caused during such a sensitive time of pregnancy. We can assure you that we reviewed our internal procedures to prevent such incidents from occurring again in the future.

Nevertheless, it is our hope that this incident will not permanently tarnish our image with you and, in addition to the complimentary night and late check-out already extended, we are pleased to refund you the remaining of your room stay as a gesture of goodwill.

We very much regret this shortcoming and we hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues, at which time, we will spare no effort in regaining your confidence and trust.

Sincerely yours,

Pedro Deakin
Director of Rooms
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed for four days with my wife at the end of a two week holiday and could not have been happier.

Our room the Loft suite was well appointed and extremely comfortable, with some phenomenal views over the lake and the old town area. The amenities are top notch and the bedroom furnishings are exquisite.

All the staff in the hotel go out of there way to make sure your stay is as nice as they can make it, from the doormen to the housekeeping everyone seems to have your comfort at the forefront of there minds.

Did not eat in the hotel but the morning room service breakfast was very good every morning and would recommend it for those who just want to take it slow when on vacation.

All in all a very nice stay at a very good hotel would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If possible get a lake view you will be glad you did especially at sunrise .. very pretty indeed
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear SEBESZ,

What a pleasure to hear that we contributed to a happy end of your holiday.

We hope both your wife and yourself will be able to be back soon to the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

JS
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Room was well appointed. Staff were very helpful and courteous at all times. Car service to and from airport was very efficient. Room service is very expensive. My room overlooked an inner courtyard and had a lot of noise from contractors working and the bins being emptied early mornings. I wore ear plugs most of the time to sleep. Also a party in one of the ballrooms kept me awake until late on last night as even ear plugs could not block out the noise. I did get the price of one night knocked off when I mentioned this on checkout. As I was staying on business and was severely jet lagged after flying in from New York, disturbed sleep was not helpful. I will hesitate to stay in this hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva? Share your experiences!