“Magic First Anniversary in very special hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva

You added Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Quai des Bergues, Geneva 1201, Switzerland (Formerly Hotel des Bergues) (Saint-Gervais Les Bergues)   |
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
South Coast England
“Magic First Anniversary in very special hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here overnight on our journey down to Italy for our first anniversary, my husband managed to get us upgraded to a suite which was beautiful.

We drove across the bridge a few times trying to work out how to get to the hotel, although the sign says no entry to the road just in front of the hotel - you can just drive in, you can pull over here and it is valet parking.

The staff were excellent (although they always seemed to address my husband and ignore me?). We arrived a little early and the room wasn't ready but we were taken to the lounge and brought complimentary drinks and olives.

We had a view of the lake and fountain to the far left. The suite was large and beautifully furnished, the bathroom was great, acqua di parma toiletries, big bath and separate shower. TV and dvd in the lounge and bedroom. The room service was delicious, try the hot chocolate - liquid chocolate in a cup. My husband had also arranged champagne (£300 a bottle!!! crazy but lovely) to be brought to the room, as we didn't finish the bottle my husband asked if we could buy the four seasons bottle top which they kindly gave us for free.

Breakfast was very nice, served in a beautiful room definitely worth getting up for.

Geneva was nice to walk around, we didn't have long here as it was a stop over but we took a nice walk across the bridge and up the hill, must say though the flower clock was a disappointment - it was tiny and not at all impressive!

Hope to go back again soon

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

This must rank as one of the best Four Seasons in Europe for service and location.Situated in the centre of Geneva, within walking distance of the old town and the shopping area and overlooking the lake, you really couldn't wish for better. The service was simply first class, it could not be faulted in any way. The restaurant and bar areas were stylish, comfortable, pleasant and relaxing. The one downpoint for me was an incredibly noisy room with blaring music from a club somewhere below which was still going strong at 4am in the morning - but it was Saturday night and hopefully that was just unlucky.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The staff was the best in the industry. The room was incredible, but the staff made it the best! They acted as if they knew us on a personal level and treated us as such. The rooms were amazing and the hotel was luxury at its finest.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Wonderful location along the lake in the heart of Geneva.

I believe the staff refer to this hotel as the junior George V however having stayed at both properties I can honestly say I prefer this property. Although the George V is an incredible hotel I felt that Des Bergues was more intimate. The lobby is beautiful, the room we were in (Jnr. Suite) was very large especially for a city hotel, so well appointed, spotless and one of my best nights sleep anywhere. We enjoyed both the restaurant and the bar and they were superb. I will say though that the staff were the highlight of the stay, professional, efficient, flexible and friendly.... absolutely fantastic.

We took a look at the plans for the renovations and new spa..... when this opens it will make a great hotel even greater.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010 via mobile

You are unlikely to find better in this life.

• Stayed October 2010
Pismo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband and I actually stayed at this hotel a few years ago (June 2008), so my review is a little dated. I am a busy working professional, so only now have had time to write this. We had a wonderful, luxurious stay at this amazing palace of a hotel. The room was lovely and well-appointed, and not too small at all. We had an amazing view of the Rhone River, spilling in to the Lac Leman (or, Lake Geneva, as it's known to tourists). The swans swam in the confluence, and it was just an amazing sight to see. We could also see the amazing Jet D'Eau from our room. We also had a view the Medieval City, and we roamed the twisting and twining cobblestones of this area of town, steeped in history and mystery, more than once when we were there. The hotel was very well located, and within walking distance of many wonderful restaurants and things to do in the city. The bed in our room was so comfortable and so luxuriously appointed, I never wanted to get out of it, but was glad I did when we went out to see this amazing, friendly, and vibrant city. A few words of caution, nothing is cheap in Geneva, and so we paid a lot for our luxury, but it was so worth it. The staff at this hotel could not do enough for us, brining us American Ice when we rang for it, and made arragnements for us to visit some of the best local restaurants, as well as organizing a private day trip to Chamonix and Mont Blanc, which was an experience I will never forget! Please note that you want to take advantage of the breakfast if it is included in your room, and if you do eat at the hotel restaurant you are in for a treat, but remember, the restaurant is very expensive, although the meal and service we enjoyed there was superlative. They did not have a proper SPA at the time we were there, and as I recall it, there was no swimming pool either. This may have changed in the last few years. We did enjoy lovely massages, and I had a lovely soak in a hot tub strewn with roses, which they had outfitted in an unused guest room, and it was very relaxing and revitalizing. You should defintiely hit the bar for drinks, and again, although the drinks are not cheap, they are rather large, so you get good portion for your money, and they serve snacks in the tradition of great European hotels with drinks. My husband and I hit the bar a few times while we were there. You can people-watch here as the locals frequent this bar with an amazing view of the Rhone, Lac Leman and Mont Blanc in the distance. It is at street level, you can enjoy the natural beauty of Switzerland, and check out the street carnival of characters and passersby as they stroll the streets of lovely Geneva. Geneva is truly an international city, and so there are all kinds of people to see when you are there. When we return to Geneva again, we will definitely stay at this lovely and renovated Grand Dame of a hotel. C'est Magnifique!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

This has to be one of my favourite hotels globally. The service is outstanding, understated and yet incredibly helpful. I travelled with my wife and 3 month year old son and the amount of effort that the staff put in to helping us was incredible. The hotel has a great location within the city and is housed in an elegant building within which they have built in all the modern conveniences.

The restaurant serves excellent food and has a pretty good collection of half bottles of wine, which is unusual, and yet useful when your wife isn't really drinking. There are two drawbacks - the price and having to pay for the internet - which I don't like having to do. This is not a cheap hotel, but in this case you do get what you pay for. The service as I mentioned is excellent. It has instantly joined my list of favourite hotels and largely because of the quality of the staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva? Share your experiences!