“Wow! Wow! Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Scotland
“Wow! Wow! Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Sometimes ratings are to be taken with a small pinch of salt! But this hotel absolutely deserves it's top spot on Trip Advisor. I can't think of anything negative to say (which makes a change for me!) Everything about this place is perfection. The bedrooms are beautiful. Even the ones facing the Lake and the road are really quiet thanks to fantastic glazing. Bathrooms are superb with Penhaligons toiletries. The style of the building is traditional so I suspect all the rooms have a different style. Reception staff are friendly, chatty, and so helpful. Restaurant had an Indian menu developed by a chef from London, so this was a pleasant surprise for us and the food was a delight. Lunch of lake fish was expertly cooked and served. Breakfast buffet and menu was lovely.
The hotel location was excellent - good for walking into town (10mins easy walk across the river to the main shops and the market) with ferry stops just opposite. Perfect view of the Jet d'Eau.
We feel privileged and so happy to have experienced all the Hotel d'Angleterre has to offer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Visiting from Canada, Very nice hotel, perfect service, very friendly staff , food was great, breakfast included and perfect, high recommended. Downtown Geneva, few minutes away from shopping centre, walking distance to everywhere, no need to take a taxi

Room Tip: Premium room and perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

In many years of travelling and staying in some of the best hotels on the world I have always had The Four Seasons George V in Paris as number one on my list as the very best. It has been in an unassailable position now for over 20 years and I was convinced it just could not be beaten.

It just has!

Hotel D'Angleterre is, without doubt, the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Fact! The beautiful, well appointed rooms, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, the perfect location, the wonderful food and the incredible service all on a similar standard to the very best I have ever experienced. However, what makes this hotel stand out is its people. Without exception every single member of staff we encountered made us feel very special and valued. It's quite common to come across one or two outstanding staff members who make an impression on you in most five star hotels but in this hotel they were all outstanding.

So now every hotel we stay in will be measured against this one and I have a suspicion that it's going to be this way for a very very long time.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Best Hotel I have ever stayed in. Service was absolute perfect. Do not skip the tea time. The rooms were very clean. I cannot say enough about the location. You can walk to everything, but still very close to the airport. Train station several blocks away. Perfect hotel.

Room Tip: My room was in the back, and it was perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We recently stayed here for four nights. We stayed in a junior suite overlooking the lake (room 1104). It was a great room with a balcony and view. It was fairly close to public transportation and across the street from the boat that travels to Evian France every 30 minutes. If you have the time a boat ride over to Evian for lunch is fantastic. The little town is charming. However a lot of stores are closed from 12-2.

Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I decided to surprise my wife and book hotel d'angleterre for a night on her birthday.
I was wonderfully surprised when the receptionist upgraded me from standard to deluxe with balcony complimentary.

The room was excellent with a beautiful balcony view of le lac geneve. The room perfectly decorated and the bed was one of the kind.
This was my one best 5 stars hotel stay with santa terresa rio presidential suit relais chateaux.

I would like to send a big thank you to the team to have made our stay memorable : )
Spasibo Dimitry.

• Stayed August 2013
Jean-Vital D, Directeur général at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this very nice comment on hotel d’Angleterre. I am glad our little attention with the room helped making this special weekend for your wife a successful experience.

For sure, I will share your thanks with the team.

Warmest regards

Jean-Vital
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Due to my business profile i travel a lot. I always try to stay in good hotels, since there is no better cure for tired mind or intense jet-lag, than a welcoming, good service hotel. (especially when you take the plain 2 to 5 times a week).
I have recently traveled to Geneva, and decided to book Hotel d'Angleterre.

I arrived late in the afternoon, but the check-in was extremely fast and welcoming.
The room is very cozy, with a discrete touch of luxury. Loved the bathroom.

Front desk directed me to a very good restaurant just near by.

One of the reasons i reserved this hotel was also because of the pet friendly policy, and since my girlfriend was suppose to join me the next day with her dog, i didn't want any unpleasant surprises.

You have to pay an extra fee for your dog (not expensive), but it is well worth-ed.
Our dog is a small breed, and we like to think that he is well behaved.
Considering our past experiences with pet-friendly hotels, I was amazed of the care and attention to the detail of the staff.

We went out for dinner, living the dog in the room. When we came back, we found our dog sleeping in a huge comfortable doggy-bed, courtesy of the governess. This is paying attention to the details for me.

At all time, the staff was extremely professional, excellent service, you can actually feel the serious training behind.

Recommended 5 star plus; one of the best, client care hotels in Geneva.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your kind words following your recent stay at the hotel d’Angleterre. We’ve also been really happy to have you, your girlfriend as well as the third member of the family.
We pride ourselves to be a “Dog Friendly” hotel and do our best to provide our four feet friends as we know a happy dog make a happy master!
I hope we’ll have the pleasure to greet you soon again the 3 of you, should it be for business or leisure purposes.
Warmest regards.