“halal indian food” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Indian Plaza
Rue de Monthoux 58, Geneva, Switzerland (Pâquis-Temple)
0227320732-41787252990
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Indian Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #838 of 1,256 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pâquis-Temple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“halal indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

there were plenty choice of food. and most importantly halal food if you're a muslim (there were only a few halal restaurant we could find in geneva). for more value of money, get the set meals.

Visited February 2012

Geneva, Switzerland
“1.5 hours to deliver in a 5 minute radius :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just ordered some takeaway from here and feel a bit let down.

I ordered at 21.18pm online and the website stated they could deliver within 30 minutes. Having had a bad experience with another home delivery in Geneva, I called them at 22.00 to confirm and was told that the guy was on the way.

But another 30 minutes later, nothing had been delivered and I called them again to be told he would track down my order and call me back. He did that within a few minutes and the order arrived in the next 10 minutes.

The delivery guy called me from outside and asked the code again, seemed a bit annoyed when he keyed in the wrong number, and then implied that I hadn't paid when I took the food. I explained I had used my credit card and had received a confirmation email which said to the vendor to not ask for additional payment. He seemed very suspicious and I showed him the mail and he eventually said OK. I suggested he check with his management and let me know if there was a problem.

After 1 and a half hours, the food was no longer hot and I thought I had received the wrong dish initially - the chicken biryani contained about 5 cubes of chicken and was mostly rice, which seems kind of expensive at 24CHF. The naan was nice, but the paneer didn't really have that much cheese in it and was basically spinach-based slop.

There's better indian restaurants in Geneva and I won't be using this one again, the delivery was laughable and I'm annoyed the delivery boy insinuated I hadn't paid. I live literally 5 minutes walk from the restaurant so there's really no excuse. And I was so tired by the time I got it, I ended up throwing most of it away :(

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rome
“Superb Indian food and lovely people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My first visit to Indian Plaza was when I was taken there by an Indian soon after it just opened a couple of years ago. It was full of South Asians then, the food was very well made and tasty, the service good and the price reasonable for Geneva. Last week it was still full of South Asians, the food was just as good if not better, the staff friendly and helpful and the price good. What more can you ask for? Keep it up, and I'll keep going there.

The also do take out and delivery for a minimum of CHF50.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Switzerland
“fantastic food and so cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Always found it very difficult to get good Indian food in Switzerland without paying a fortune,
as l'm used to eating Indian food in India. So with a friend we thought we would check this place out.. and what a great surprise... the dishes were so yummy and the bill also.
Try the chapati so fresh

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Average Food, OK Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I had lunch here and opted for the buffet, which was OK. There was a selection of two curries (fish and a chicken one), rice, mixed rice, some salads, sticky rice desert, pakora and naan bread for CHF 18.

The curries are fairly oily/creamy, and lack spice, but there is some chilli paste provided if you want to give them a lift. I ate at 1:30pm and the restaurant was fairly quiet. I think the buffet lunch service ends around 2pm-2:30pm.

There is free internet advertised on the window, but the hotspot would not provide an IP address.

Not bad for a quick lunch if you are after a curry hit. Staff friendly enough and speak good English.

• Visited December 2011