“Nice bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Clemence

La Clemence
20 Place Du Bourg-De-Four, Geneva, Switzerland (Bourg-de-Four)
Website
Neighborhood: Bourg-de-Four
Wisconsin
“Nice bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We found this place while walking around Geneva. We were looking for dinner but stopped here. It was a fun place but only served grilled cheese sandwiches around dinner time. Still, it was a fun place and I'm glad we stopped.

80% Recommend
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Pretty location, average cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice outside seating in the very pretty Place Bourg du Four, perfect for sit down and a coffee, however the lunch options were very small and not worth the money.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Back during my student days in Geneva I spent at least some part of every day at La Clemence. It was very much the place to be. It has the perfect location at the bottom of the hill of the Old Town, on a picturesque plateau, at the top of the lanes leading down to Lac Léman. It is the most wonderfully chilled place to meet friends or just people-watch with a cold Calvinus. Every time I am back in Geneva, I go straight here: nowhere else compares.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Affordable Food in Old Geneva”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went here for a quick and casual lunch knowing that we were also eating out in the evening. It served the purpose well as the food was affordable and there were plenty of lunch options that were lighter meals. I ordered a vegetable quiche. I was surprised it didn't come with any salad garnish, just by itself. it also didn't seem like quiche to me. It was full of vegetables with just enough egg to hold it together. However, it tasted quite nice. The other two diners ordered sandwiches. My son got a tuna and mayonnaise roll. My husband got a cheese and salad baguette which was a bit more substantial in its size. Both were very pleased with their choice. The adults washed their meals down with a beer and there were plenty to choose from. The service was efficient but not particularly friendly. I would recommend this place for a casual lunch but nothing more.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva
“Rude waiter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Maybe they were under stress, but I experienced a very rude and unprofessional waiter that made me leave the restaurant. First nobody cared to take our order after waiting around 15mins (okay it was quite crowded on a saturday evening). Secondly I tried to go the bar to order myself. One of the waiters sent me back to my table saying that I cannot order at the bar (he was quite directive the least to say). When the same waiter passed by our table I was implying to order in a very polite way - he then almost flipped making it clear that he is very busy. - I think he expected that I feel sorry for him because he had too much to do. (well buddy unfortunately at my work I a have a lot to do as well - nobody feels sorry about me) - maybe he should consider another job. Anyways I usually don't write review but had to share this with everybody.

• Visited July 2013