We stayed in this hotel for 8 nights in July as my husband was attending a conference in Bern. At the time this was the cheapest 4 star that was available because of the conference. We had booked one of their expensive rooms as I was going to be there longer. The room was fine but I could not see what more I was getting for my money. There was a Bosch coffee machine in the room which took special coffee or tea capsules. I had so much trouble with housekeeping as after the first night they no longer supplied me with these capsules and I could not even buy them in the stores! The room was fine I had the internet cable lent to me for free. We ate in the restaurant the first night which was fine and they were helpful. That night we soon realised that just as well we could still remember our German as our waitress was struggling with English. For a short stay this place would be fine. One day they even forgot to give me towels! I think their housekeeping let them down. Breakfast was fine you just have to be careful about time as they are strict. I was impressed by the Gym which was in the shopping centre. Unfortunately the swimming pool was not working so we could not use it, but they had rang me to warn me that it would not be working which was fine. Being out of Bern was not a problem as the tram was just outside the hotel. I am a light sleeper so I was always woken up by people closing their doors or going to the loo next door! I have no problems with staying here again, if I can afford it as their currency had gone up so much against the pound.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bern-Westside Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bern-Westside Hotel Bern
- Holiday Inn Bern
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With conference infrastructure, shopping mall and multiplex cinema, adventure water park complex with fitness center and spa, set in a unique architectural environment created by world renowned architect Daniel Liebeskind. This modern Hotel was built in 2008 and is with its 144 guest rooms and 11 meeting rooms part of the Westside Center Bern. The new urban destination on the outskirts of Bern. The hotel is easily accessible by public transports and by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Bern-Westside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.