“I really Like it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 47 hotels in Basel
London, United Kingdom
“I really Like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location is amazing (3 minutes from The airoport). I stayed in Executive room. The decoration was Very Nice and collorful. The shower is really relax and good. Quiet room, Very good. All The staff was Very friendly. I really recomend This hotel.

Room Tip: Executive room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
airporthotelbasel1, General Manager at Airport Hotel Basel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your comments about the rooms and our Team. Such comments act as a motivation and confirmation that we are doing the right thing. All the best and look forward to welcoming back to our hotel sometime in the near future. Dimitris Argirakis, Director

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Recently stayed in this hotel and I must say it was excellent! I got room 1111 on the top floor, great view, clean, comfortable, nice size, lovely bathroom etc. Great big flat panel tv on the wall and complimentary water as well. The restaurant was great, having arrived after 10pm I was starving and quite thirsty, the bar/restaurant didn't let me down. With a smile I was served with a large beer and a 'Casino' burger which was very tasty.

Nest morning, full of expectation, I went down for a nice breakfast ... well, that's where the experience turned sour. The sausages were freezing cold, the bacon was cremated and floating in about an inch of fat and the eggs tasted as if a bowl of sugar was emptied into it. The whole experience of breakfast, costing SFR 22 was appaling. So, if you stay at this hotel, do skip the hot breakfast! Apart from that an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 11th floor seem to be the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, thank you very much for the time taken to write your report. You comments are very important for us. Both the positive but also the negative ones. Our newly renovated rooms are nice indeed and offer some state of the art entertainment. I am also very happy to hear the bar services and the burger were of your satisfaction. As for the breakfast, I have forwarded this to the responsible person and together we will have a look at the points you have mentioned. There is always space for improvements and we are willing to improve. Once again, thank you very much and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel soon. Dimitris Argirakis,Director
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days only but it was a good experience overall. Very big rooms and very well clean. The Bathroom is very big, enough for 2 persons to enjoy a bath together. The parking facilities ...very nice. You can reach very easy, after parking your car, the reception to the hotel.Nice...we love it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your comments about the rooms and our Team. Such comments act as a motivation and confirmation that we are doing the right thing. All the best and look forward to welcoming back to our hotel sometime in the near future. Dimitris Argirakis,Director
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hello,

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days only but it was a good experience overall.
Free breakfast is included but it has some real odd hours (4:30am-6am). They provide shuttle service to city/airport but dont rely on it coz they often say no when it is odd hours - have your backup.
Other than that, hotel looks good, nice n clean, luxurious too. Restaurant is neat.
If you can find some deal online then its good value as well. One of the staff was a bit unkempt (as he never seemed to shave, but wat the heck !), other staff was well groomed.
Overall, a nice experience!

Room Tip: any room at a height is good as it gives a great view of the city
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
airporthotelbasel1, General Manager at Airport Hotel Basel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and our services. We are really happy to see you enjoyed your stay. The odd hours on the complimentary breakfast are set as we do have a lot of guests leaving the hotel very early in the morning. The hours of the shuttle bus service has been adjusted since your stay with us so we can satisfy almost all requests (still depending on bus capacity). As for the unkempt member of our team, I would like to apologise to you on his behalf. It has happened to us all at some point when the morning has come too early after a long night. We do though hold standards on the appearance of our team members. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Dimitris Argirakis,Director
Scheidegg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Sauna is really nice but there is no swimming pool, jacuzzi etc. only 10 minute bus to the centre of town.

I stayed for one night only but had multiple issues with getting lost going for my interview and my car navigation system breaking. The reception staff were the most helpful I have come across in my entire life. They printed google map directions for me, guided me and were very pleasant.

The breakfast is superb. Great coffee and an endless selection of breads and meats etc. Fresh fruit rather than canned stuff for yogurt!

The only thing that needs improving is the mirror lighting in the room, I couldn't tell if my makeup was ok :-) But this may not be a problem for everyone.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 10th floor and had a great view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
airporthotelbasel1, General Manager at Airport Hotel Basel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind comments. It`s great to hear that we have the best staff and breakfast! We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel. Dimitris Argirakis, Director
Strasbourg, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel way is well indicated and that makes the place easy to find.

About the parking:

The parking has two access: hotel & casino ; even if I took the "parking hotel" the first time when I arrived and when I was on foot I did not found the hotel entrance because every access where indicated for the casino.

The second time I understood that casino access enable also access to the hotel, and with the room card there was problem anymore.

But the first time it is not clear ; on my opinion access signalling must be improved.

Speedy service at the reception desk like everywhere in the hotel when you are asking for help: information given are clear and complete.

Since the web site is designed in German, French and English I would have expect to meet someone from the staff able to speak French.

On 4 staff people that I met during my stay unfortunatly no one spoke French.

The room was clean, with a perfect sound dumping and luminosity thanks to the big window.

The main color of the room is bright red ; for the shower or the floor that's a good idea with a nice effect.

But that color around the bed is really too agressive for a place where people need to sleep and that color does not help you to relax in that room.

Taken as a whole I had a good stay in that hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
airporthotelbasel1, Manager at Airport Hotel Basel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Alexandre, thank you for your review. Its nice to see that you were satisfied from your stay with us. I am sorry about the signing at the undergroud parking. We are planning a refreshment of it and I will pass over your comment. It is true, the day of stay, there are no french speaking staff on shifts, but we have a total of 6 that do speak the language, together with Spanish, Italian, Greek, Hindu, Turkish, and Hebrew. We wouls also like to inform you that we have started a refreshmanent of all our rooms, so the next time you will be here the rooms will have a diffeerent decoration and colours. Look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.
Valencia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the Airport Hotel Basel for the first time. What a great hotel. Nicely located, excellent quality, good price and such friendly staff. A real business hotel indeed with all what you need and for such a quality-price standard. That you also can play at the famous Inhouse Casino makes your stay even more special. Before 06.00h your lovely breakfast is free of charge.
You have to try it inorder to find out this nice spot so close to the airport, to the City of Basel, the border of France as well to Germany. A special thank you to the lovely staff who spoilt us so much and makes your stay extra better. Visit the great City of Basel and its Airport Hotel !

Room Tip: From the 7th floor upwards you will have an excellent view into Switzerland, France and Germany
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests, thank you ever so much for your great words. I will pass these to my team. We are here to make your stay a comfotable one and toprovide you with a second to none service. I am trully happy you experienced this on first hand and look forward to welcoming you back in Basel and in our hotel sometime soon.

Been to Airport Hotel Basel? Share your experiences!