“Real Vietnamese Food in Basel” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Sausalito, California, United States
“Real Vietnamese Food in Basel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We are living just around the corner so perhaps we are biased because it's location, but my wife is California Vietnamese and just adores this place. The food is authentic and so is the service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Scarborough
“Average restaurant - ok for Swiss standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

After reading the several positive reviews about the place, I decided to check it out for myself. The food was ok...far from good pho, but probaly one of the better phos in Switzerland. Service was friendly but not attentive and the resturant was clean, yet grubby looking, as it is an older locale. Prices were rather high thus, if if you crave pho, this is the place to go, but I personally won't be a regular guest.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Basel
“Not quite perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

As far as Asian food in Basel goes, this is certainly among the best. The place is quite basic, no special decoration, tableware or furnishings. The staff were friendly enough, but not very attentive, as I had to spend some time distracted from my friends trying to get their attention for more drinks. I was also disappointed that they insisted we re-use the starter cutlery for our main course, and didn't offer chopsticks until we asked. 4 stars for the food and polite staff, but work to do to earn 5 stars from me.

Visited October 2013
Muri bei Bern, Switzerland
“Buffet a discretion, was empty!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Got to the restaurant with at least 1.5 hrs before 2pm. The buffet was completely empty with only bits of dried fried rice and noodles. We waited for at least 8 mins before we were seated, I wonder if the restaurant was busy as we were the fifth customer there. The service was polite later but for the first 15 mins, we felt like we were not even there, he cant even be bothered that we were looking at him all the time, hoping he will take our drinks order. We had the buffet with the choice of dried plain rice, three pieces of beef with lots of sautéed veg, roasted duck and (NO) chicken red curry. Food was poor in our opinions, based on the four dishes with dried rice. I m not sure what is the hype all about, hopefully I was unlucky. But is that the way to treat customers even on a bad day? I dont think so....

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Basel
“You friendly neighborhood Vietnamese place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice people and really delicious food here. Basel is not known for great Asian food, but we can rely on this place to produce a nice meal. The staff is super friendly and multilingual. The restaurant is easy to get to. The decor is basic Vietnamese, complete with altars and candles

• Visited October 2013