“Great food, good beer, good service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Basel, Switzerland
“Great food, good beer, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went along with a large group from the Expat community for their evening buffet.

The food was amazing, a good mix of Vietnamese and Thai, they had a selection of the local beers and the service was brilliant.

I'd certainly go back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Authentic Vietnamese food with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Coming from a Vietnamese family, I'm a pretty harsh judge of Vietnamese cuisine that isn't made by my mum.I also live in London, which has its fair share of pretender Vietnamese restaurants so I was mega impressed when it came to Saigon Moon.

I would completely bypass all the Chinese type dishes and skip straight to the actual Vietnamese dishes (ask the staff if you're not sure - they're really nice). My husband and I shared banh cuon as a starter, I had pho bo and he had hu tieu xao. Everything was lovely but the real star of the night was the pho which was the freshest and most flavoursome I've ever tasted. It got passed back and forth between the two of us because it was so delicious. Definitely worth a trip

• Visited September 2013
“Bees knees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This place is absolutely divine. I had the best food I have eaten in Basel here and one of the best Thai or Vietnamese meals I have had all over the place.

We had a lovely starter of prawns with various accompaniments that were to be eaten in pepper leaves which were wonderful and then a red curry and also some lovely wok fried chicken.

It is excellent value for money, and our server Tabitha was brilliant.

Will have to come back here. I recommend it to any foodies and people who are in Basel missing some authentic Asian food.

• Visited July 2013
Basel, Switzerland
“Good service - dull food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Anyone ever been to Asia shouldn't eat here. Sure, the service was great, but the food dull and uninspired. Maybe what Swiss people think, Asian food should taste like...

For the love of god, there are several Asian restaurants in and around Basel, but most of them serve the same bland food. Where is the taste of Asia?

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Everything we ordered, from the Goi Hai San salad, homemade spring rolls, Bun bo xao sa ot beef noodle, Vit Peking (wok-fried duck) to the fried bananas, was tasty and refreshingly different from the 'usual Thai and Chinese' in Basel. In addition, best value for money you get in Basel and very friendly service. Location could be better.

• Visited June 2013