“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Euler

Save Saved
You added Hotel Euler to your Saves list
Hotel Euler
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centralbahnplatz 14, Basel 4002, Switzerland (St. Alban)   |
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Basel
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I overall liked this hotel.
Pros:
- besid train station
- close to zoo
- free espresso/cappuccino machine in hallway
- great service
- Starbucks next door
Cons:
- bus/train station outside window (closed windows blocks all noise however)
- a fair walk to anything else
- costly (As is everything in Switzerland)
I would go back

• Stayed September 2013
Marie-France R, Deputy General Manager at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest, thank you very much for your positive review. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Kind regards.
Marie-France Richert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went on business trip. Got the single room equipped with nice furniture but small. Wifi works well. Location is convenient but not ideal due to the noise coming from trams passing litterarly out of your window.
Nice hotel but 220 euro (negotiated price) is too much. 130 would have been ok

• Stayed September 2013
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are pleased you had an enjoable stay.
Regarding room rates are market-based prices for the basel area.
Kind regards.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

my husband and I stayed there for a night. Very good hotel and great location. Right after the train station.

Room was big and excellent. the service was good.

Highly recommended to couple and family. I wish I had stayed there few more days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest
Thank you for your great review. We are proud of our employees who every day make a great job.
eurasia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

i chose this hotel for its location, a few steps from the train station, as we had an early flight to catch from zurich the next morning. i was pleasantly surprised by the quality, which surpassed my expectations. rooms (we had three) were airy and light, bathrooms were large and spotless, mattresses firm and comfortable. quick breakfast at the bar was tasty, with fresh fruit cut into the muesli.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back again to the Hotel Euler. In the meantime we wish you all the very best.
Winnetka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

For starters, it's right across the square -- platz -- from the train station, and if you like to travel by trains as I do, this was a suitcase-carrier's delight. The location was not city center, but so many trams come through, that it's 10 minutes from everything. The front desk gave me a one-week bus and tram pass when I checked in, and that made getting out to Fondation Beyeler museum and Vitra Design museum easy as can be, not to mention all the other museums I wanted to visit. The breakfast was costly, but the room charming, and the buffet in the lobby was reasonable. Drinks on the terrace were a perfect stop at the end of the day, and I even had ice cream there at the end of one evening. Free WiFi in the comfortable lobby, free coffee and apples on each floor, even a comfortable winding staircase for people like me who like to walk. And nice people at the desk, which is always appreciated by women traveling alone.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms facing the square. You can stand at the French windows and gauge the weather. And...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
Hopefully see you soon in Basel. Kind regards.
Daniel Fankhauser, General Manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I booked a king size bed as I'm very tall and can't sleep in a single, but did not get it or get a reduced rate.

As I knew I was arriving late I email the hotel, however on arrival the room was not pre- allocated and I was given an available room. When I got to the single room, I went back to the desk to get the room I was paying for. We then went on visit to all the 'available' room, they seemed to be taken. I suspect that staff took them as they were not listed as rented at the desk. The desk man was very apologetic but an apology is not quite enough if you have been on the go for 20 hours and only get 2 hours exhaustion sleep because the hotel rips you off.

I was in Basel on business so maybe poor experiences in hotels are normal. But I would not put my even people I don't like there.

The building seems to have been upgraded to a Bates Hotel motif. The room doors made the rooms look like cells. The room I was in had a very up to date bathroom it was like entering a different hotel.

On leaving no reduction was made to the bill or apology made. Memorable as one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest
Thank you for your review and feedback.
For your bad experience at our hotel we apologize.
Basically, we will make our employees aware of the
weak points mentioned by you.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

One night bed only stay as was leaving at 05:00 for early flight, so I have no basis for comment on the food. My room was facing the back of the hotel no external noise at all. The room (105) was very nice, roomy, with a large well light en-suite. Excellent bed, nice firm matress. One of my colleagues was in a room facing the street and didn't get a great nights sleep (this was the night of the Brazil match, so trams & train-station may have been busier than the norm), easy resolution is to request a back room when booking. Excellent base if you are in Basel for business travel, for us its a 'keeper'.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marie-France R, Deputy General Manager at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest
Thank you very much for your very positive review. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Kind regards.
Marie-France Richert
Deputy General Manager

Been to Hotel Euler? Share your experiences!